Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Back on the wagon again...

Yeah, so my new watch came yesterday, and although I pride myself on being technologically savvy, this new watch baffled me. There are 4 buttons, and they seem to do something different each time you press them. DH had to help me figure some stuff out. Anyway, I also didn't realize that you have to wear a heart rate monitor of sorts (really just a belt type thing) around your chest to actually get a heart rate reading. Somehow I had missed that in my research. Fortunately the heart rate belt is quite comfortable and I hardly know it's there. The watch tells you what your heart rate is, and because of some settings you put in, it tells you how hard you are working from 1-5. There is a "coach" built in that recommends what number you should strive for in each workout. Although it is geared more towards running, biking, swimming etc, I do find it fun. It also tells you the approximate number of calories burned. The great thing is that it got me back to the gym today, and whenever I'm working out, I seem to eat better as well. So it seems I'm back on track!! Yeah. It always feels better to be working out and eating right, but for whatever reason, I like to rebel and feel awful in every way every once in a while.

So today I did Turbulence Training at the gym, then cardio on the elliptical (10min) then the stairmill (15 min including cool down). My watch said I burned 433 calories, which is great, and I reached a 5 on the training effect readout.

Here is what I had for lunch today

.......pretty healthy huh! I don't think I've had veggies for 2 weeks. I picked up this broccoli salad mix at Costco. I thought it was just broccoli slaw, but it actually had dressing, cranberries, nuts, and bacon bits to mix in. It was really good, and not much fat/calories.

In other news, I had to start wearing my glasses (which I haven't worn in years...not even for a little bit), because you have to go 7 days without contacts before the Lasik consult exam. I'm not too excited about it because the glasses seem SO different from my contacts. I feel a little off balance...which is okay while I'm just sitting here :)

That's all my news for today :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have lots going on and I'm sorry about the glasses, but it will have a great outcome! Congrats on the watch and the workout. Can't say the same...back on the B&J's. :-)xoxoxo