Saturday, October 27, 2007

What I've been doing...

Well I've gotten slightly off track. Thursday we had the potluck at our house, and I did fairly well, I only had one small serving of all the dishes, most of which were surprisingly healthy. I did only have one small slice of cake (which by the way, several people said was "the best cake [I] have ever tasted"). Also, as a side note, this was our bible study group we had over, with an age range of upper 20's to mid 80's. I thought it would be fun to have do some Wii bowling, because I haven't met anyone yet that doesn't have fun at it. So we convince the older couple..age 79 and 80 something, to try it out. They had SO MUCH FUN. Apparently this couple used to be in a bowling league but hadn't bowled in over 30 years...although they really wanted too. They left our house CERTAIN that they were going to buy a Wii for their home so they could bowl instead of watch TV in the evenings. How cute is that! I thought it was great!

Back to my confessional.... Friday, I was really craving carbs, really really really. Somewhat out of frustration over the scale. DH wanted to go out for hamburgers, but we settled for my favorite pizza place which also has great salads. I was going to have a spicy thai chicken pizza, but decided to get my healthy salad with chicken...and whole wheat breadsticks. I feel like I did pretty well there....had a little extra carbs, but nothing crazy. I did however come home and have a slice of leftover cake.

DH is working today and I was invited to go on a Pumpkin train ride with a friend and her 2 kids. I'm exhausted after a long day involving 4 kids under 6, 1 hour in the car, 1.5 hours on a "train ride", to a field with pumpkins which the mom's got to haul back onto the train (that's 2 pumpkins, one giant purse with all our jackets, snacks, and the camera), then an hour home. Anyway, the kids LOVED it...it just wasn't my idea of a fun (read: relaxing) Saturday afternoon.
I've also been struggling with a very sore, messed up neck, which I've been seeing a chiropractor for (which usually helps, but feels worse this time). I was in the car to go to the gym on Friday, but I just knew that my neck/back would be even more sore after such an intense workout....so I got out of the car, came inside to get some things I needed to return, and went shopping instead. :)

I'm hoping to rest tomorrow as well, then hit the gym on Monday. Anyway, as a positive note, I didn't have to cook dinner tonight as we had great soup and breadsticks leftover. The weather was absolutely perfect today. The kids had a great time today.

If you are any way related to me I may not want you to read to next paragraph. Especially if you are my father, mother-in-law, sister-in-law, etc. Read on with caution.

I haven't been completely without exercise in the last few days. On Wednesday or Thursday, I had come across a blog who was on the blog roll of another blog friend. I got a good giggle after reading one of this bloggers top posts... in which he sites an article about "Sexercise". Don't worry, it's just an article...nothing raunchy or off colored. Now being that I'm a Christian and also grew up where good girls didn't talk about such things, this is not something I would typically talk about in a public forum, but I'm married and I have children, so I think it's obvious that I have some experience when I comes to this subject.....plus it has to do with fitness and exercise. I was sitting in the living room when I read this blog..and DH was sitting in the same room. He heard me snickering while hovering over the laptop and asked what I was laughing about. I shared with him these pearls of wisdom, and he thought it was fantastic news. Then I told him how I thought it would be beneficial and interesting to wear my heart rate monitor...which goes along with my new watch (which also tracks calories burned) during said activities. I'm calling it a sexperiment, and DH wholeheartedly agrees that this should take place. Really, anything that gets him more action he'll agree to. I'll keep you updated....the hard part is to actually plan ahead and put the chest strap on in order to monitor said activities without totally killing the mood (more so for myself than DH as he needs very little encouragement). I do think this would be fascinating information.

Was that too much info? Oh well, I've always been one to just tell it like it is.

6 comments:

John J. Kaiser said...

I for one congratulate you on your willingness to seek out physical fitness through the best means available.

http://totaltransformation.wordpress.com

I am thinking I will follow that post up sometime in the coming week.

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS...ROFL...oh my goodness, I can't stop laughing. Yes, please give us all an update :-).

Tam said...

NO WAY - that isn't too much information! That is hilarious! I am cracking up...I can't stop here! My eyes are watering! Girl...my eyes NEVER water from laughing! Ok, I gotta go and compose myself... And I am soooo not letting my man read this!

Anonymous said...

LOL! That is an idea....wearing a heart rate monitor and we got to stay in the zone to burn calories HA!!! Too funny.

Thanks for your visit to my fitness blog as well!

Lindsay said...

OH.....MY......GOSH! You are too funny!

You must update us all.....I, for one, am quite curious about calories burned :)

Jennifer...aka: Jen or "MOMMM!" said...

Leave it up to you! LOL!! I love it! And just think - you don't have to get out of bed to "exercise"! This is really right up your alley. I'm waiting for "updates."