Thursday, September 27, 2007

Oh what a good day

So today was a pretty good day (not speaking in health and fitness terms here). Since Sunday DH and I have been planning to go to Costco because I had to pick up my glasses...in preparation for getting Lasik surgery. See, they actually make you take your contacts out for a FULL week prior to just having the initial exam. A full week, I haven't been without my contacts for a full week in about 6 years...not even if you added all the time up. Nope, I never take my contacts out. Bad bad Kristen!! Hence, why I am going to have Lasik! Anyway, DH and I had been adding things to the Costco list for the last 5 days, although I didn't write the glasses down because I wasn't going to forget those since that is the main purpose we went there. So we go to Costco, then proceed to go to Fred Meyer since we didn't need some of our groceries in bulk. We got through Fred Meyer and are driving home when my DH turns to me, slaps me on the leg and says "good thing we went to Costco", or something like that. I was still trying to figure out why he hit me. Then it dawns on me. We didn't pick up the glasses. Add this to the list of things about getting older. I'm not as sharp as I used to be!!

Also, while at Costco, we walked by the watch selection...I wanted to see if by chance they had that Suunto watch I mentioned below (they didn't). Then I jokingly ask DH if he had read my blog (he's not really into blogs...not even mine), and he says yes. Hmmm, surprising. So then he says, "so that's what you want for Christmas huh...that's a long time to wait." I could tell by the tone in his voice that this was not our normal conversation. So I asked if he bought me the watch, and he's so bad at lying (and surprises...really really bad at surprises) that he fesses up that he bought it for me! Yeah, what fun what fun, a new toy. Especially needed at this point since I'm 'off the wagon', and really need to get myself back on!!

I also spent about 3 hours editing (messing with) the Html for my blog template. The picture above I took in Cabo San Lucas in February....134 days till we go back WOOOHOOOO. I still have some things to modify, but I couldn't figure it all out today. Html is HARD to mess with when one doesn't know what one is doing!!

In other news, tonight Aaron (and cousin Ryan) all got our yellow belts in Karate, so that was pretty fun.

Here is a pick of my dear daughter Maree, who is 3 1/2. Today she wanted her hair like Auntie's, so I straightened it. This is for you Deanna!


As you can see, she can be a firecracker...gets it from her Auntie, because according to my mother, I was an angel child.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angel child...I'm so gagging right now :-). Your husband is so sweet that he read your blog AND bought you the watch! That's awesome. Congrats to you and Aaron on your yellow belts. It was so fun to watch all of you. You, my dear sister, are awesome and will have your black belt by Cabo! (You could, couldn't you???) I thought Maree's hair looked different at karate although her little curls were coming back out. So cute!