Thursday, October 25, 2007

Okay seriously...what gives

So I know that the number on the scale should not be the focus...but really, it does matter. I have enough fat to lose that something should be happening by now. I got on the scale today and got 139.6 . It is hard for me to post that number for a multitude of reasons that I won't get in to right now. Let me just say that I have seen that exact number.. 139.6 so many times in the last 2-3 months, it's just not funny. I feel like I am working out really hard, and eating 95% clean. According to the Turbulence Training book I should be shedding fat like crazy. Oh, and my bodyfat % was still the same on the Tanita (notoriously high...but consistent at least). This is when I start to get really frustrated. It's been 2 weeks (of serious commitment) and I've really made no progress. Seriously, the double chocolate Oreos are calling my name right now. I've been working out consistently for more than a year, so I should have a good amount of lean muscle mass to make a difference in my metabolism...however, for the last several months I can't seem to make the scale budge to save my life. When I was doing Body For Life (my second challenge specifically), I was eating about 85% clean, working out, and still dropping at least a pound a week. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH.
No worries though, I'm not careening myself off the wagon just yet. At this point I refuse to count calories because it messes with my head. Could drinking 2 cups of coffee a day (with about 1 tbsp of 1/2 and 1/2) be affecting my progress....maybe it's the Zone Perfect bars (which really help get me past any sugar cravings...but aren't a great meal due to the ratio of carbs to protein). Anyway, I'm at a loss. I'm frustrated. DH made pizza for himself and the kids for lunch today, and it took A LOT of will power to stay away from it.
Whew, I feel better now getting that all out there. Back to drinking my water....

As as side note I am taking measurements as well, but I think I also need to start taking progress pictures again...maybe tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, big hugs! I'm so sorry and it is so frustrating! Hmmm...it's a mystery. I support you, on or off the wagon, but I want you to be happy with what you're doing and not making yourself CRAZY...we have enough of those in the family, myself included :-)!

Kristen said...

I'm so sorry for your frustration, but it's gotta budge sooner or later. Stay away from the oreos...easy for me to say....

Jennifer...aka: Jen or "MOMMM!" said...

More than the number on the scale, the body fat percentage, and more than what YOU think you "should" be:
YOU LOOK AWESOME!! YOU LOOK HOT!! YOU LOOK AMAZING!! And, I bet you feel like a million bucks! You are doing a great job! Throw the scale & calipers out the door! Go eat an oreo... or two... or three...or... you'll still fit into your jeans in the morning and you won't spontaneously combust. :)