Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wednesday workout...

Still haven't weighed in since free day. I just don't want to be disappointed. Tomorrow we are having a potluck at our house, and I'm just not ready for another free day, so I think I will make a huge big yummy salad, and eat mostly that, and maybe a bite or two of dessert, then take my free day on Sunday. I just really like having a whole day to not think about food, or think and eat the food I am really craving.

Anyway, I forgot to mention on last nights post, but I plan on holding off buying any clothes until I have lost 10 pounds. Not only is this good motivation, but it also makes sense to not buy jeans when I am actively trying to lose weight.

Today's workout summary (according to the watch)
Workout time: 57.45 (includes stretching time)
Calories burned: 651
Training effect: 5.0 (reached at minute 28 of cardio...took a little longer than Monday) I think this is because on Monday I did squats on the smith machine with 25# plates on each side, then dropped the bar way down and did laying pull up things ( I don't know what you call them)
...anyway, my heart rate gets really high when I do that combo.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Whoa - those are tough! I tried them a few months ago and could only complete them with assistance. Now I want to give them another shot to see if I've made any progress.

Kristen said...

Kristen, yes, they are tough...I can only do the first set with straight legs, then I have to bend my legs and bring them in a little closure..and sometimes then I can get myself all the way to the bar.

Carrie said...

I actually raise the bar for most people who are starting out with Inverted Rows (also called bodyweight rows or alternative pull-ups). Many of my clients start with the bar at 6-8 rungs from the top, then I work on dropping the bar down. It works pretty well!

Also, they are definitely brutal if they're supersetted with squats. I've done that before :) Lots of fun. Try doing shoulder presses with reverse lunges after that- that'll kill ya (it's a bit CNS-intensive, so not highly recommended, but if you want to know what brutal really is...:))

Scott Hidalgo said...

Wow, those are some really nice names for that exercise.

Not very nice, but I've always heard that they are called Fat Man Pullups.

I think I'll switch to calling them inverted rows.

John J. Kaiser said...

"I am a nurse, currently working from home"

So they bring the patients to you eh?

http://totaltransformation.wordpress.com

Kristen said...

John, yep the "patients" get zipped to me right over the internet :)

Really, I review requests for services on worker's compensation patients in California. Not terribly exciting, but that's just fine with me.