Monday, October 22, 2007

Recovering from sugar coma

Yeah, so I've made it through 1 successful week. I felt like I worked hard, and ate well (up until yesterday of course).

Speaking of yesterday. Can I just tell you how great that felt to just eat, and not feel guilty. It didn't feel physically great, but then again it did....I know..it doesn't make sense. After church yesterday I decided I wanted bread with butter, donut holes and a Starbucks iced mocha for lunch...so we went to the store and got those things for me...plus some good red wine and ice cream (I was planning for dinner). We came home and I had 3 slices (fairly small) of sourdough bread with LOTS of butter, then a bunch of donut holes. I was already feeling a little sick from the iced mocha because it was pretty sweet. Later I had to take a nap because I was so tired and was in a sugar coma. Seriously, you just don't realize how much sugar has an impact on your energy level until you go without it for a whole week, then splurge on it all at once. Wowser...it's a doozy!
After my nap we had friends over for the best pizza and pub fries (the best beer battered fries EVER)...especially when dipped in ranch! MMMMMhhh, it's like heaven :). After all that we had ice cream too. The really great thing about all that is I don't feel guilty about any of it, and today I was ready to be focused again and eat protein pancakes, chicken, veggies etc. I got all the other cravings out of my system yesterday.

Today's workout was great. I don't know what happened Friday, but today I got to a "training effect" of 5 at minute 25 of my cardio. I think doing sprints makes the training effect go up faster than doing a slow climb to the sprint. Anyway I worked really hard.

Stats:
Total workout time: 1:02
Training effect: 5
Calories burned: 660

I never weigh myself the day after free day, and I probably won't tomorrow or the next day either..it's never good news.

And to my yogurt angel...I still haven't gotten around to attempting another batch of yogurt...I keep thinking about it, and trying to figure out the timing issue..then it's too much thought and I say forget it :) I'll do it though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you--you're doing so great! So, so proud of you and know you're going to be the hottest Cabo Mama!