Monday, November 26, 2007
Anyway, even though I was eating lots, I did continue to go to the gym, so I don't feel that too much damage was done. Today, I have burned 1176 calories since 10:40am. I had a good workout, with a very tough HIIT session at the end. I was going to get off the stairmill when my watch said 4.2, because I was just beat, but I didn't do it.... I just kept pushing...I LOVE MY WATCH!!
Also, I found a new favorite gum, since my previous favorite gym was discontinued (Trident Splash, vanilla and peppermint....now called Peppermint swirl...which is strangely hard to fine). Anyway, at Target the other day I saw Dentyne Blast (similar concept to my Trident version) the flavor though, is Chocomint...yes, chocolate mint. I was a little skeptical, and this combination can go dangerously wrong, but was pleasantly surprised when the first bite tasted like a junior mint. YUMMMMMMM.
Now if my fingers could just warm up, it wouldn't hurt so much to type.....
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
I'm trying to get into some Pilates classes at a new studio that just opened here...they even have the cool Pilates machines. Since it is so new, they have very limited classes, BUT if you get some buddies to go with you, you can have your very own class. Anyone, anyone???? I really want to go, but I can't make it to the times they currently have.
Oh well, I'll get in there eventually.
OH, and good news....if you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll remember that I had been looking for a great pair of jeans...and had no luck..then vowed not to buy jeans until I hit my goal weight. That, apparently, was just too hard. Well, I went into JC Penneys...where I don't usually shop because I think their women's section looks way too matronly, and their juniors section looks way too Britney Spears. HOWEVER, they have recently started carrying Chip and Pepper jeans...which are a very spendy brand in boutiques, and high end stores, but they are now producing much cheaper, but still cute jeans for JC Penneys. I got a pair over the weekend, and LOVE them, and have gotten several compliments on them already...always a good sign. I went back today to see if I could get a different style. I really wanted a specific style but they didn't have my size, so I settled on the same style as I already have, but a different wash. I got them home and tried them on to get DH's opinion, and realized the gal had left the ink thing on them. That's okay, I think I will get another of the darker wash exactly like I have because I think I will be wearing them a lot, and it might be good to have 2 pairs.
Monday, November 19, 2007
I stole this from my dear sister's blog, and strangely with only 5 questions to answer, it is quite true I think....
Your Brain is Blue
Of all the brain types, yours is the most mellow.
You tend to be in a meditative state most of the time. You don't try to think away your troubles.
Your thoughts are realistic, fresh, and honest. You truly see things as how they are.
You tend to spend a lot of time thinking about your friends, your surroundings, and your life.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
1. WHAT TIME DID YOU GET UP THIS MORNING? 8am
2. DIAMONDS OR PEARLS? diamonds
3. WHAT WAS THE LAST FILM YOU SAW AT THE CINEMA? Pirates of the Caribbean 3?? Has it be that long
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW? There are so many...Grey's Anatomy, Survivor, The Biggest Loser, Project Runway,
5. WHAT DO YOU USUALLY HAVE FOR BREAKFAST? It varies so much...eggs, toast, cereal, oatmeal
6. WHAT IS YOUR MIDDLE NAME? Marie
7. WHAT FOOD DO YOU DISLIKE? seafood
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CD? Plumb (any of them)
9. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE? Nissan Maxima
10. FAVORITE SANDWICH? Veggie from Adam's Deli
11. WHAT CHARACTERISTIC DO YOU DESPISE? Arrogance, unjustified anger
12. FAVORITE ITEM OF CLOTHING? Probably my black velour outfit...oh so comfy!
13. IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD ON VACATION, WHERE WOULD YOU GO? Italy, Greece
14. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR BATHROOM? basic off white...like the rest of my house
15. FAVORITE BRAND OF CLOTHING? I don't buy clothes because of the brand
16. WHERE WOULD YOU RETIRE TO? Someplace warm near the ocean
17. WHAT WAS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE BIRTHDAY? Ummmmmm
18. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Volleyball
19. FURTHEST PLACE YOU ARE SENDING THIS? I guess wherever you're reading from<--Kelly's answer
20. WHO DO YOU LEAST EXPECT TO POST THIS BACK TO YOU? ??
21. PERSON YOU EXPECT TO SEND IT BACK FIRST? Hmmm.
22. FAVORITE SAYING? Can't think of anything right now
23 WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY? April 17
24. ARE YOU A MORNING OR NIGHT PERSON? Night Night Night
25. WHAT IS YOUR SHOE SIZE: 8
26. PETS? A cat named Daisy, and a fish named Garfield.
27. ANY NEW AND EXCITING NEWS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH US? Having a girls night tonight...woooohoooo
28. WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE? A nurse..since I was 5
29. HOW ARE YOU TODAY? Great!
30. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CANDY ? Chocolate...specifically I LOVE Lille Belle Farms chocolates
31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER? Roses
32. WHAT IS A DAY ON THE CALENDAR YOU ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO? Feb 9th...going to Cabo...wooohooooo
33. WHAT IS YOUR FULL NAME? Kristen Marie Ballew
34. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Jack's big music show....and the washing machine
35. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Cereal
36. DO YOU WISH ON STARS? no
37. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? ocean blue
38. HOW IS THE WEATHER RIGHT NOW? Gloomy :(
39. FAVORITE SOFT DRINK? Diet Coke
40. FAVORITE RESTAURANT? Kaleidoscope, Porters
41. SIBLINGS? 1 dear sister
42. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR? Christmas
43. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD? Ummmm
44. SUMMER OR WINTER? summer
45. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs
46. COFFEE OR TEA? coffee
47. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? chocolate
48. DO YOU WANT YOUR FRIENDS TO POST YOU BACK? yes
49. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? It's been at least a week..I can't remember
50. WHAT IS UNDER YOUR BED? An old comforter
51. WHO IS THE FRIEND YOU HAVE HAD THE LONGEST? Elyse
52. WHAT DID YOU DO LAST NIGHT? went to church
53. FAVORITE SMELL? ocean, bread baking, fresh cut grass, after the rain <----strangely all Kelly's answers too :)
54. WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF? The boogie man...seriously
55. SALTY OR SWEET? generally sweet
56. HOW MANY KEYS ON YOUR RING? I don't know, and I don't want to get up to count
57. HOW MANY YEARS AT YOUR CURRENT JOB? 3.5
58. FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK? Saturday
59. HOW MANY TOWNS HAVE YOU LIVED IN? 3
60. DO YOU MAKE FRIENDS EASILY? Depends
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
When I asked how one gets a piece of metal in their eye, he stated that it can come from your pipes. Hmmmmm.
I wanted to ask if he was sure it wasn't just some of my sparkly eye shadow...but I figured with his magnifying glass/light/torture looking machine, he probably would be able to tell the difference.
Thankfully, he easily got the fleck out, and everything else looked good. My vision is now 20/15...woohoooo! Doctor made no mention of the previously detected "fiber" in the same eye ...I wasn't in the mood to ask about it...or more so, I wasn't in the mood to hear what lame answer the doctor would give .
The only problem that I'm having is VERY dry eyes right when I open them first thing in the morning. It's almost worst than when I'd wake up with my contacts. So I still have to keep eye solution on my night stand, so I can lube up. :) Other than that my eyes do not feel dry (which is usually one of the main complaints post-Lasik.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
I had PT today on my neck, and if someone could just hold my head while I work I think I'd feel a lot better :) All pain went away when the PT sat there applying a little traction on my neck.
Physical therapist recommended getting tennis balls, taping them together to do some stretching, traction, massage type things...hence the question above. Sure felt a lot better than the chiropractor!!!
Watched Transformers last night as the kiddos went to Grandmas. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Seems that most of the movies I really like don't do that well on Rotten Tomatoes
Almost all of my favorite movies are rated somewhere in the 40-50% range. Oh well, I guess I just like predictability. Hot Fuzz, however, got great ratings. Here's one of my favorite scenes...
Anyway, that's all the random thoughts I have today (well, not ALL), I could probably go on forever....
Monday, November 12, 2007
Anyone want to go to Cabo with DH and I? I'm a little sad that it will be just the 2 of us this year. Is that a bad thing? I'm sure we'll have a blast, but not as much fun as last year.
Friday, November 9, 2007
The following are some random thoughts/rantings...
1) It's a good day when the little peely security thing on the tops of CD's and DVD's comes off in only 1 piece instead of the infuriating 5-10 pieces
2) Do not judge a movie by it's title. Hot Fuzz was actually a really funny movie, although I am still a little baffled as to how they came up with that title. But hey, it's British...they do things a little differently over there.
3) It is a bad thing when parents (read: me) cannot hold on to Christmas presents for my children until Christmas...., I'm just too excited and give them things that should wait until Christmas.
4) It is even worse when DH is just as bad as I am with buying and giving "Christmas" presents to our kiddos.
5) It's a bad bad bad idea to sit down with a quart of ice cream while watching TV....3 nights in a row.
6) I am thankful that the cat has "learned" to vomit on the rug instead of the carpet.
7) There are 46 shopping days until Christmas.
8) Having an Amazon wishlist should be a requirement for getting Christmas presents.
9) There has been a half finished jigsaw puzzle sitting on my dining room table for 3 weeks.
10) Our sense of smell peaks in our late 20s or early 30s, and gradually declines after that.
11) It is a GORGEOUS day in Southern Oregon
12) I've had 6 shots of espresso today (2 triple Americanos)
13) Dear son has declared he's going to be an "explorer" when he grows up, while dear daughter states she is going to be a "princess", and when I explain that you can't make money as a princess, she has now decided to be a doctor.
14) I have had a HUGE bag of spinach sitting unopened in my fridge....for over a week ( I had good intentions).
15) Target popcorn can count as dinner if you're in a pinch
16) I could make a lot of comments about the following video, mostly I just think it is ridiculously cute
Have a great day!!!
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
In 2005 they raised a little over $600,000 in toys. In 2006 they raised over $1 million in toys. This year will probably be even better than last.
It is so easy to donate, especially if you already have an Amazon account or Paypal. I donated to Legacy Emanuel Hospital up in Portland, because I used to work there. I have also emailed the charity to ask about Rogue Valley Medical Center being added to their list.
Anyway, you don't have to be a "gamer" to donate.
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
In other news, I'm feeling good today...no spinning at all. I still feel slightly off balanced every once in a while, but MUCH better than the previous few days. YEAH!!
Monday, November 5, 2007
However, I'm not entirely convinced just yet, as I have done some Google searching, and seen some very disconcerting stories about people having disabling chronic vertigo and nausea that mysteriously occurring immediately after having Lasik, accept no one believes that it's from Lasik, and no doctors can figure out how to treat it.....EEEKKKKSSS.
The spinning does seem to have improved over today, and I'm not sure if it's from the meds, or just me getting better. The doctor said the Meclizine usually knocks people out, and I was somewhat hoping for this affect as I'd rather be sleeping than dizzy and nauseated! No such luck, I took the max dose and still managed to stay quite awake. Oh well, at least the world is staying still!! Hoping for no episodes tomorrow!!
Thanks everyone for all your prayers. I appreciate them so much!
I am praying that there is nothing under the flap today at my appointment...I really do not want them to have to lift the flap again.
Tam, thanks so much for your oh so kind offer!! That is so sweet of you. Thankfully, DH has been off the weekend and today, and has been taking care of me and the kids. Tomorrow my MIL comes over to watch the kids, and will likely take them home with her. I'm suppose to be working today-Wednesday, but with my eyes and my neck/back I'm just not sure how it's going to go. I feel so old, lol!! Just take me out to pasture!
I don't like anything that messes with my daily routine, so this is rather irritating!
Anyway, I am thankful that my vision is great...although I'm still adjusting to up close vision. It's another beautiful day outside, and today I'll actually get to go outside...I didn't step outside at all yesterday..I'm stir crazy!!
I really miss working out!
I've eaten nothing but carbs for the last 3 days. Although I'm not eating much so it shouldn't really matter.
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Anyhow, my vision is good, I'm feeling a little better today, and hopefully, whatever was under the flap will be out by tomorrow's follow-up appointment.
Thursday, November 1, 2007
In workout news, yesterday after another fun (read: painful) visit to the chiropractor, I went to the gym. I really really really did not want to workout, but I was already sitting in the parking lot, and I knew I'd feel better if I just got it done. I had decided not to do any weights, as I really want my neck/back to feel better and so I was giving it a rest. So I did the Stairmill until my watch hit 5.0...which took a long time! I hit 5.0 at minute 38. That was the longest HIIT that I have ever done...it was hard!!! After doing really well eating all day, I finished the day with a bowl of ice cream and a reeses peanut butter cup.... I have such a hard time staying on track when I'm not feeling just right. Anyway, tonight is 1.5 hours of karate, so that should cancel out the treats yesterday...right??