Friday, November 9, 2007

TGIF

So I am thankfully fully recovered from the traumatic weekend. I still am not fully convinced that the onset of vertigo had nothing to do with the Lasik, but I am just so glad it's gone!

The following are some random thoughts/rantings...

1) It's a good day when the little peely security thing on the tops of CD's and DVD's comes off in only 1 piece instead of the infuriating 5-10 pieces

2) Do not judge a movie by it's title. Hot Fuzz was actually a really funny movie, although I am still a little baffled as to how they came up with that title. But hey, it's British...they do things a little differently over there.

3) It is a bad thing when parents (read: me) cannot hold on to Christmas presents for my children until Christmas...., I'm just too excited and give them things that should wait until Christmas.

4) It is even worse when DH is just as bad as I am with buying and giving "Christmas" presents to our kiddos.

5) It's a bad bad bad idea to sit down with a quart of ice cream while watching TV....3 nights in a row.

6) I am thankful that the cat has "learned" to vomit on the rug instead of the carpet.

7) There are 46 shopping days until Christmas.

8) Having an Amazon wishlist should be a requirement for getting Christmas presents.

9) There has been a half finished jigsaw puzzle sitting on my dining room table for 3 weeks.

10) Our sense of smell peaks in our late 20s or early 30s, and gradually declines after that.

11) It is a GORGEOUS day in Southern Oregon

12) I've had 6 shots of espresso today (2 triple Americanos)

13) Dear son has declared he's going to be an "explorer" when he grows up, while dear daughter states she is going to be a "princess", and when I explain that you can't make money as a princess, she has now decided to be a doctor.

14) I have had a HUGE bag of spinach sitting unopened in my fridge....for over a week ( I had good intentions).

15) Target popcorn can count as dinner if you're in a pinch

16) I could make a lot of comments about the following video, mostly I just think it is ridiculously cute





Have a great day!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

#12--that must be why you're such a blog overachiever today :-). For me, Target popcorn can be an appetizer before eating chicken enchiladas and lots of water! I love that video! What was that black cat we had as kids? I remember being in 4th grade and having that cat (Blacky?) doing that on my fuzzy footed pajamas. So cute. Ok, you and Steve really need to control yourselves with the presents. Hey, I haven't seen any Christmas gifts on my doorstep yet. Feel free :-). I'm thinking I just need the Kauai fund for Christmas since we are DEFINITELY going April, May or June for TEN days. Can you feel my excitement? OOOOOOOHHHHH!

Kristen said...

Could your 6 shots of espresso have anything to do with this wonderfully random post? I love it, by the way :)

inWorship said...

I absolutely LOVED hot Fuzz, but I also loved Shaun of the Dead. A lot more gore, but the same humor...and same guys.

And 6 shots of Espresso? Isn't that just for breakfast :)