Thursday, November 1, 2007

It's Thursday!

Well it's a gloomy day here in Southern Oregon. Today marks a very exciting milestone...the Cabo counter is at 99 days. Mind you I started the counter somewhere over 300 days, so getting under 100 is exciting. We went to Cabo San Lucas in February and had such a fantastic time that we decided while we were there that we had to come back next year. When it's gloomy like this outside, it's fantastic to be able to imagine myself in Cabo....it really gets me through a lot of gloomy days. For your enjoyment :) I'll leave you a picture of a view from my lounge chair in Cabo..... from last February


In other exciting news, I am having Lasik surgery tomorrow. EEKS! I'm a little nervous, but I'm sure after a little happy pill I'll be just fine. After surgery you have to come home and take a mandatory 4-6 hour nap (helped along with a happy pill). However, you aren't allowed to watch TV, read, or look at a computer screen for 24 hours!!! Wow, that's going to be tough!

In workout news, yesterday after another fun (read: painful) visit to the chiropractor, I went to the gym. I really really really did not want to workout, but I was already sitting in the parking lot, and I knew I'd feel better if I just got it done. I had decided not to do any weights, as I really want my neck/back to feel better and so I was giving it a rest. So I did the Stairmill until my watch hit 5.0...which took a long time! I hit 5.0 at minute 38. That was the longest HIIT that I have ever done...it was hard!!! After doing really well eating all day, I finished the day with a bowl of ice cream and a reeses peanut butter cup.... I have such a hard time staying on track when I'm not feeling just right. Anyway, tonight is 1.5 hours of karate, so that should cancel out the treats yesterday...right??

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture so much! I'm going to steal that idea very soon and post something Hawaii related :-). I'll be praying for you tomorrow and know your eyes will do great!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I love your new profile...you are a daughter of the King, and aren't we so lucky that he loves us despite everything we do to mess things up along the way?!

Scott Hidalgo said...

Kristen, quick question about your watch.

I notice that you always try to hit a Training Effect of 5. I also know that the t4 has the Coach feature that suggests what you should do for the next 5 days, based on your ongoing workouts. Do you use the coach feature, and if so, does it freak out that you are always doing workouts at TE of 5?

I've decided that I MUST have one of the these watches and I'm deciding if I am going to get the t3 or t4, the only difference being the coach feature, the t4 has it...the t3 does not. The t6 is too pricey and I don't need features like the altimeter, etc.

I will also be doing lots of workouts at a high level and if the coach feature is always telling me to take it easy and I just ignore it...I'm wondering if I really need to pay extra for that feature?

What do you think?

Kristen said...

Scott, I rarely look at the coach feature, because yes, it always tells me to take it easier than what I intend on doing, or it tells me I should be taking a "rest" day. Like I said before, I think it is geared more towards running, biking, and swimming...activities that are longer and less intense. So the T3 would probably be perfect for you. Since you are a runner, you might look into the foot pod accessory (you probably already have). Seriously, when I first opened the watch I was a little disappointed because it was hard to figure out all the buttons, but now I love it, and as you can see from my posts, it really does push me to keep going, even when I really want to quit. You might be able to find a good deal on ebay...also there are several sites that offer free expedited shipping.

John J. Kaiser said...

"In other exciting news, I am having Lasik surgery tomorrow"

Have fun!

Scott Hidalgo said...

Cool. Yeah, I think that I'm going to get the t3. I've literally got my runs planned out for almost a full year to accomodate my race schedule...and I don't intend to change them based on what the "coach" tells me.

There is also a GPS pod, but I do a lot of trail running and my old Garmin Forerunner was terrible at calculating distance in tight turns and with lots of ups and downs, so I'm going to try the foot pod instead.

The PC pod interests me, as well, because I like to maintain a log of what I do and from what I've read the watch can only store the last 15 workouts before it starts overwriting the information.

Thanks for introducing me to the watch. Before reading your posts, I had never heard of it. Like I said, I had a wrist Garmin GPS unit, but it broke and I was grudgingly going to get another one even with the aforementioned inaccurate distances.

Good luck with the LASIK. My wife had it done about 4 years ago and it was a huge success. She's definitely the poster child for getting the surgery.

Kristen said...

Scott, I think you'll be happy about the t3. I think I had done a google search for EPOC, and ran across this website http://www.firstbeattechnologies.com/index.php?page=51>, which then had the Suunto watches on them. As I just looked at the website again, it gave me a slightly different perspective on the TE of 5.0, and how this might be overdoing it....but somehow I still feel like that is the old way of thinking??? Who knows.

Let me know if/when you get your watch...and what you think of it.

Jennifer...aka: Jen or "MOMMM!" said...

Just think, you'll feel like the bionic woman after your surgery!
I'll be praying for you tomorrow - you're going to do great!!

John J. Kaiser said...

Just checking in to see how you are recovering.