Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My lungs are sore....

......from all my sucking air the last 2 days being back a the gym. Today I did just interval cardio again with my watch....trying to hit a training effect of 5.0. Today it took me 37 minutes, which is less than a couple of weeks ago (it should be taking longer, as this means my body is adapting, and getting in shape...however, the 2 week hiatus took it's toll) Seriously, my lungs are feeling it. I've also started getting a little hoarse every now and then, and I'm thinking it might be from sucking wind as well. I'm also quite sore from Monday's workout...which was not any different than the workouts I was doing 2 weeks ago. It just amazes me that 2 weeks made this much difference.

I'm trying to get into some Pilates classes at a new studio that just opened here...they even have the cool Pilates machines. Since it is so new, they have very limited classes, BUT if you get some buddies to go with you, you can have your very own class. Anyone, anyone???? I really want to go, but I can't make it to the times they currently have.

Oh well, I'll get in there eventually.


OH, and good news....if you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll remember that I had been looking for a great pair of jeans...and had no luck..then vowed not to buy jeans until I hit my goal weight. That, apparently, was just too hard. Well, I went into JC Penneys...where I don't usually shop because I think their women's section looks way too matronly, and their juniors section looks way too Britney Spears. HOWEVER, they have recently started carrying Chip and Pepper jeans...which are a very spendy brand in boutiques, and high end stores, but they are now producing much cheaper, but still cute jeans for JC Penneys. I got a pair over the weekend, and LOVE them, and have gotten several compliments on them already...always a good sign. I went back today to see if I could get a different style. I really wanted a specific style but they didn't have my size, so I settled on the same style as I already have, but a different wash. I got them home and tried them on to get DH's opinion, and realized the gal had left the ink thing on them. That's okay, I think I will get another of the darker wash exactly like I have because I think I will be wearing them a lot, and it might be good to have 2 pairs.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh, I am so there! (JCP) I need some new goal jeans anyways.

TAKING TOMORROW said...

We are Taking Tomorrow, a Christian band. We would be very thankful if you could visit our site, post comments and vote on polls.
God Bless,
Taking Tomorrow

Carrie said...

Yay, jeans!

Tam said...

So hard to find good jeans! It;s the part of shopping for myself I dread the most. I'm gonna have to try those out!

So...Have a great Thanksgiving! Hope you a wonderful day with your family!

Anna said...

I hate the darn ink things. Glad you found some great jeans, though!