Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I have a what in my eye...

This morning was another follow-up visit with the Lasik eye doctor. It seems to be an adventure every time I'm in there. Today he discovered a piece (fleck) of metal in my eye. 1) How does one have metal in their eye and have no idea... 2) How the heck did I get a piece of metal in my eye?
When I asked how one gets a piece of metal in their eye, he stated that it can come from your pipes. Hmmmmm.

I wanted to ask if he was sure it wasn't just some of my sparkly eye shadow...but I figured with his magnifying glass/light/torture looking machine, he probably would be able to tell the difference.

Thankfully, he easily got the fleck out, and everything else looked good. My vision is now 20/15...woohoooo! Doctor made no mention of the previously detected "fiber" in the same eye ...I wasn't in the mood to ask about it...or more so, I wasn't in the mood to hear what lame answer the doctor would give .

The only problem that I'm having is VERY dry eyes right when I open them first thing in the morning. It's almost worst than when I'd wake up with my contacts. So I still have to keep eye solution on my night stand, so I can lube up. :) Other than that my eyes do not feel dry (which is usually one of the main complaints post-Lasik.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Goodness. How does this stuff happen? I'll be getting you a Costco case of lube for Christmas :-).

Lindsay said...

Hey Kristen....I've been meaning to comment for a while. Glad that you are feeling back to "normal" now. I must say I am a little more hesitant to rush into the Lasik thing now after reading your saga. :) you sure went through a lot. But maybe....someday. I've had contacts since 8th grade :(.

Tam said...

From your pipes? That is interesting. Was it a big piece? It is amazing how the smallest of things in our eyes can cause so much pain!

Well, glad that's dealt with finally!