Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I just discovered this charity through another blogger, and wanted to encourage others to have a look. Child's Play is a gamer-run organization that holds a toy drive for childrens' hospitals. On their site you'll see little controllers on the map, each of those controllers are hospitals. You click on the controller and it takes you to their Amazon wish list where you can buy toys and have them delivered straight to the hospital.

In 2005 they raised a little over $600,000 in toys. In 2006 they raised over $1 million in toys. This year will probably be even better than last.

It is so easy to donate, especially if you already have an Amazon account or Paypal. I donated to Legacy Emanuel Hospital up in Portland, because I used to work there. I have also emailed the charity to ask about Rogue Valley Medical Center being added to their list.

Anyway, you don't have to be a "gamer" to donate.

2 comments:

Tam said...

That is very cool! Ya know, in my opinion, kids do not "serve" enough. There aren't a lot of "sacrifices" made by our youth today - in general. I'd like to see my kids give more. This post has inspired me in that direction!

How are you feeling?

Kristen said...

Thanks for asking Tam, I am feeling back to normal now, and my vision is good too!! Now I just have to get over my neck/back issues! I feel so old!!! I need to get back to the gym too....I've been on a carb-fest for a week now!