Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Is it strange...

....that my kids thought it was really funny to flush their dead goldfish down the toilet? They each got one at the Harvest party at the church 6 days ago, and one went belly up (well, really he just sank) yesterday, and DH did the duty of flushing him to fish heaven...I hear them laughing from the other room, then hear Maree say "can we flush the other one too". The other one was still alive! Well, until today...it sank too, and had to be flushed. What's with goldfish?? We're not bad fish parents either, we have a Beta that has lived for 11 months!! But we lose both goldfish within 6 days. Now I have a whole thing of goldfish food, and no goldfish......




In other news, I'm feeling good today...no spinning at all. I still feel slightly off balanced every once in a while, but MUCH better than the previous few days. YEAH!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! Sarah's fish died in two days and Ryan's is still alive although I'm not holding out hope. I do have to say that giving away fish is a parents' nightmare and I'm waiting for the other one to die. Funny enough, Ryan was on the counter looking at his fish and said he really liked his fish. "It's my first pet." Oh buddy, I am so sorry it couldn't be something more cool, like a dog or something.

I am SO GLAD you're feeling better today. Wow, what a run you've had. I love you!

Carrie said...

I am soo jealous now that I may have to stop reading your blog *grin*. A Wii, a funky-cool watch, and Lasik (oh yeah, and a warm environment in February)! Lucky girl.

I will say that goldfish are nuts. We had one that we "rescued" from my bro-in-law's roommate, as he was trying to kill it by a) not feeding it, b) putting comet in its tank, and c) just generally seeing if it would die. We called it the "undead" fish, because we didn't treat it a whole lot better (at least, we didn't put comet in its tank), but it lasted a full year with us before going belly up. It was crazy. I think giveaway fish are not usually the healthiest or the cream of the crop, who have been under a lot of stress, and just generally are not expected to live, unfortunately. Well, at least your kids thought flushing it was funny...

John J. Kaiser said...

How are you recovering?

John J. Kaiser said...

Oh, and swing by my blog sometime.

http://totaltransformation.wordpress.com