Sunday, November 4, 2007

Recovering from Lasik....harder than I thought

Well this will be a quick note, but just wanted to give an update on my Lasik procedure. The actual procedure was fine...short. Right after the procedure I felt like I was going to pass out...you know stars, no sound in one ear, cold sweats. That passed after a couple of minutes and some juice. The rest of the day Friday was fine, I napped, listened to books on tape (thank you Kelly), and generally felt well (still had Ativan on board). I don't know what happened between Friday night and yesterday morning but it wasn't good. I woke up with the world spinning, and I was so nauseated. The had a post-op appt, where they discovered I had something under the flap of my right eye....if it doesn't work it's way out then I'll have to have the flap lifted again and washed out...and I had to increase the ant-inflammatory drops to every hour. The rest of the day I spent in bed trying to keep my head in one position...and trying to remember what drops to put in when ( I have 3). Thankfully this morning I am feeling a little better. I am not nauseous, but I'm still a little off balanced. I have a hard time believing that it's because my brain is adjusting to the different vision (which by the way is great), so I'm no sure what is causing my vertigo. Your balance center is in your ears, and I'm not sure how that was effected by having Lasik.

Anyhow, my vision is good, I'm feeling a little better today, and hopefully, whatever was under the flap will be out by tomorrow's follow-up appointment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I've wanted to call so badly to check on you but didn't want to bug you (especially while Steve was doing so well at fielding all your calls.) I have been praying for you, I love you, and I'm so glad you're feeling a little better today. I am praying that whatever the heck is under the flap will be gone by tomorrow. I'm so happy about your vision---and so jealous! I love you bunches...xoxoxo

Tam said...

Wow! Sounds like you're having a difficult time. Can i do anything for you? Do you need meals or errands run or anything? I would absolutely love to help in any way - so please let me know!

Jennifer...aka: Jen or "MOMMM!" said...

Wow! You were just suppose to have bionic woman eyes after the surgery - none of this! I will continue to pray for you. Get better soon! I'm still looking forward to Wii & wine! :)