Saturday, December 29, 2007

Mother of the year award....

Tonight I was getting my daughter ready for bed, and she asks me if she can use the new toothpaste she got for Christmas. "Sure honey, let's go brush", so she hands me the Dora toothpaste, and I dab of a little of the purplish/clear colored gel onto her brush and I start brushing her teeth...then she gets this really funny look on her face as if she doesn't like the flavor of the toothpaste, and says "it tastes yucky, what flavor is it", so I look at the Dora toothpaste container and notice the word "Elmers" on it, and for a split second I think...now that's strange, I didn't know Elmer's made toothpaste. Then I have a flashback of me buying her GLUE to put in her stocking from "Santa", because she loves to play with glue, but I'm very reluctant to let her do it without close supervision. Anyway, as you probably have now guessed, we brushed with Dora glue. Luckily glue is non-toxic, and Maree rinsed her mouth out and we both laughed over mommy's mistake....well, we both thought it was toothpaste, and when I told her it was glue, she was surprised that "Santa" had given her glue, and said "Santa would laugh about this!" Yes he would!!!
Please note below how close the glue container looks to my son's new toothpaste container....
Yep, I've been nominated for the Mother of the Year Award!! :)

7 comments:

5Crawfords said...

Wow, I bet now she won't lose any of her baby teeth until she's 18. ;) But that's ridiculous how much that bottle does NOT look like glue. You should write the company and ask them to add a warning to the front that says: "Warning: This is not toothpaste!" -Brad

Lindsay said...

That is too funny, and yes, I can totally see how you could confuse it with toothpaste!

Anonymous said...

That is so hilarious! Yes, MOTY award!

Unknown said...

lol that was so funny. I once got my kids those giant thick candy canes to put in their stockings and they were candles. :o/

Tam said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

(deep breath)

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok, so you can always let her know that if she ever mouths off to you you'll glue her mouth shut. "Now you know mommy will do that honey..."

Happy New Year!

ColeC said...

That is way to funny!!
Moments like that will last a life time ;)

Those bottles do look alike...not good.

Happy New Year!!

Jenna said...

hahaha!!! Awesome!!