Saturday, December 22, 2007

A dozen eggs, 10 cups of flour....

So yesterday I got up early to go to a pilates session...early being 7:45. I never workout earlier than 10 or 11, so working out at 9 was a little stretch for me, but it felt good. Pilates was great, we did some pretty hard moves, then I did interval cardio on an arc trainer, which I had never used before. Once again, so glad I have my watch because I would have quit way earlier without it.

Good thing I got that workout in, because then I came home and started baking. I made pumpkin bread (OMG, so good), banana bread, chewy caramel, english toffee, and sugar cookies. Well the chewy caramel (first time I've made it), came out more gooey than chewy, so I can't really use it for anything. The sugar cookies did not want to roll out without sticking to everything, so they ended up as "snowballs" instead of stars, Christmas trees, and candy canes. Oh well, at least they taste good.

Last night we surprised the kids by taking them to see the Nutcracker. Maree loves Barbie Nutcracker, and all things dancing/ballet, so we thought she would really like it. We told them we were going to see Christmas lights and headed downtown. Once we got in the auditorium, Aaron was able to read the program and figured out why were were there, BUT he had no idea it was going to be real people. He thought it was going to be a movie, and asked if there was going to be commercials. Anyway, I'm glad I had watched Barbie Nutcracker a dozen times, because otherwise, I think I would have been a little lost as to what was going on.....I have troubles interpreting dance...with no talking. The kids seemed to really enjoy it. Maree kept wanting to get off my lap and do her own ballet moves. It was pretty cute.

The kids Auntie comes down from Seattle today, which means 9 whole days of spoiling, sleep overs, mini vacations for mommy, then an auntie detox at the end of the 9 days. My daughter will undoubtedly cry for at least a day saying "I want my auntie....I miss her".

Oh, and did I mention....... 49 days until Cabo!!!!!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I can absolutely identify with the mini-mommy vacations! I get those every time my parents come to visit and I look forward to it weeks in advance! How cute that auntie detox happens afterward...so sweet.

Kristen said...

The mini mommy vacations are heaven! I am so blessed to get them as often as I do, since I have the best mother-in-law in the world, and a sister-in-law that has no kids of her own and loves mine as if they were hers. Although if they were hers, she'd be broke with all the spoiling she does.....hence the need for auntie detox afterwards...It's totally worth it though :)