Thursday, December 13, 2007

Forgot to mention...

Just wanted to give you a little idea of what my dear husband is like, and as he rarely ever reads this..usually only when I ask him to, and because I already told him I was going to blog about this, my husband can be strange!

We were getting ready to cash in some spare change and paper money we had been collecting in a large glass water jug. My husband decided that it would be easier to count the bills if he ironed them flat. So yes, he ironed about 30 some odd bills, simply so he could then count them and take them to the bank. I should have taken a picture. The male species can be so odd sometimes!

Also, got on the scale today....had been avoiding it for a while because my eating had been less than stellar...and with all the parties I had last week, I thought for SURE that I would get on the scale and see the same numbers I always see...the pessimist in me figured I'd probably even gained weight. BUT NO, I actually lost weight, and am now finally past the plateau I was stuck on forever. So I think I really revved up my metabolism by having high calorie days sandwiched in between several days of clean eating. That's what I'm going to tell myself anyway :) I'm just happy to see a number I haven't seen in a while!

58 days until Cabo!!

6 comments:

ColeC said...

Okay, that money thing is funny. You should have taken a pic of that.

Great about losing weight.
I think you're right about reving up your metabolism. That is why a lot of those diets give you a cheat meal/day, for that purpose.

Have a super day

Anonymous said...

I was laughing so hard because I can totally picture Steve doing that--just because! So funny!

Scott Hidalgo said...

It's been years since I've lost lots of weight, but I had the same experience consistently in the past. I would be stuck at a plateau, then the weekend would roll around and I would eat 2 or 3 meals at restaurants.

On Monday morning I would dread weighing myself because I knew it would be bad. But 9 times out of 10, I would see that I lost about 5 pounds. There must be some reason for it because it was pretty consistent.

Oh and about the money ironing thing...two words...twelve steps. Get that man some help.

Lindsay said...

The money ironing is really funny!! Way to go on the pound dropping!

Tiffany said...

I am laughing as I sit here picturing your husband ironing his bills. Does he iron his own shirts too? Yes, men are strange creatures. Did you read my post about men vs. women on my blog...a couple months back I think? You will probably be able to identify...

Jenna said...

Hey!! Nice to hear from you - sounds like you have been very busy. Let me know hoe the MDB thing works out as it sounds cool....I have the bootie yoga DVD and still have not tried it - turbo jam I have used a few times - variety is great - perky little bobbleheads annoy me though ...lol - I've been down with the flu so many times this year I can count ....getting ready to ramp things up for the "real" IRONMAN training although what I have been doing so far - feels like enuff!! Keep in touch and have a great Christmas!!! Jenna