Friday, December 28, 2007

Today's workout

Today is another day relaxing day with just my son and I. I decided to try a Turbo Jam video (Turbo sculpt). It wasn't really what I expected, as I thought it would be more kick boxing/dance type moves, but this particular video was more body weight exercises, like squats and lunges (a LOT of those), along with arm exercises mixed in. It was hard! It was 40 minutes long, and I think I burned 450 calories. My watch currently says 516, but I've been done for 18 minutes. I also got to training effect of 3.6, which I was pretty surprised at. To put that in perspective, when I was doing the 1 hour private pilates session on the big pilates machines, I was typically getting to a training effect of like 1.3 . So this was a good cardio workout with strength training as well. The best of both worlds!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Looks pretty cool! Thanks, Kristen!

Jenna said...

Hey there!! I see you got all your goodies in the mail :) What a great way to start a new year. I am off to Mexico with the kids in 10 days :)I wonder if i can loose 20 pound sin 10 days ...lol ...actually I am serious about shedding SOME weight - the bikini fits better with less muffin top...haha!! Have a great New Year - Catch you soon on here as I'll be off tracker for a while ..J