Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Anyone want to buy me a watch?


So I'm a bit of a gadget girl. I don't own a lot of gadgets because they tend to be spendy (at least the ones I like), but there is one in particular that I've got my eye on these days. Its a watch, but it's no ordinary watch. This watch tracks your heart rate, calories burned, "training effect", and other things. Training effect, woohoo, without spending money to work with a personal trainer, I can have a watch that will analyze my performance heartbeat by heartbeat, and illustrate the improvement of my body's aerobic conditioning with a 1-5 scale. What is this wondrous watch called you may ask. Drum roll please....
It's the Suunto t4.
The reason I think this would be so cool is because the "training effect" takes EPOC (Excessive Post-exercise Oxygen Consumption) measurements, which is really what I'm trying to achieve with Turbulence Training, and interval cardio. So, if I have a device that tells me from 1-5 how hard I am actually working, you better believe I'm going to shoot for a 5 every time. I am a very visual person, so I think this would totally motivate me. It may not be the cutest watch, but it can't all be about vanity.

Anyone have a spare $199.99-219.99 lying around?? It's on my Christmas list! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaahhhhh...I love your paradise picture!!!! Cabo, here you come! Nice, nice...I love it! xoxoxo