Sunday, September 2, 2007

Fun with the Wii....

Okay, I have to admit that I am a closet gamer. I have always loved playing video games, and so far the Wii Sports is one of my favorites. I'm the one who actually convinced my hubby that getting a Wii would be a good idea. He thought the graphics were poor, but he gave in...it really didn't take that much effort since he is really a 10 year old in a grown man's body. If you are not familiar with the Wii, watch this

Anyway, so last night after reading a little more about Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto, I decided I needed to try to be a little more active every day...not necessarily doing cardio, but just moving around more....especially since my job involves sitting at a computer...not a lot of calories burned doing that. So, I decide that I'll play the Wii...I had already done a 30 minute HIIT with the jump rope..showered, slipped into some comfy clothes. After 15 minutes of boxing, I was seriously sweating again. I was only doing one of the training exercises where you try to punch out as many punching bags as possible in 1 minute. Well I was trying to beat the high score, so I just kept trying. WOW, today my arms and back are sore!

Moral of the story, exercise does not have to be a drag...find things you like to do and commit to doing them!!

As for me, I'm off to box :)
Oh, and I did beat the high score yesterday :) I got 18 in 1 minute

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are my hero :-)!