Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Anyone care for some Jello...and other random things

So I just got done cleaning out a LARGE double shelf cabinet in my kitchen. The kind of cabinet that is curved, and has nooks and crannies that I swear could hide a small child. Anyway, I kept shoving cans/boxes etc in there hoping to create a little more room. Well, it was getting ridiculous so I cleaned it out. Guess what, I have 25 boxes of Jello/jello pudding mix in there. Good heavens...see this is what I do, I buy stuff, it gets put in the never ending abyss that is called my cabinet, then I forget it's there, because it's at least 4 rows back, then I buy some more, shove it in the cabinet, and the cycle repeats. STOP THE MADNESS!! Anyway, I need to start using some of that pudding mix!!

Also, just a cute story (well cute to me), about my dear children and their Grandma. Last night I went with the kids to go have dinner at Grandma and Grandpas (my MIL and FIL) We were all sitting around chatting and Grandma tells us she has lost one of the lenses out of her prescription sun glasses (it has fallen out several times before). She goes on to tell us that she had come in the house from outside to get something and then noticed one lens missing. She said she has scoured the whole house through and through and it is no where to be found...so she'll have to go to Costco to get it replaced. So I half jokingly say to my son "go find Grandma's lens", and he jumps right up and starts looking under the cushions of the couch, and Grandma says "oh I already looked under all those", so then my daughter crouches down to look under the couch and she says "he he he here it is Grandma" in this cute little giggle. And I'm thinking, she's just teasing (she likes to tease....and she's only 3...eeks). So there my son looks down there too, and says, "yep, there it is", and pulls it out and gives it to Grandma. This happened in less than 30 seconds from the time I asked my son to find it. Grandma just laughs...she can't believe it..she said she had already looked under the couch...she'd been looking for 3 days. She then gives them each a dollar, which they were ecstatic about. I guess God answered her prayers that day!

So then I am sitting with my son looking at his new dollar from Grandma. I said, do you know who that president is on the dollar bill, he says 'ya, it's George Washington', I was a little surprised he knew because we had never discussed it before. So then I ask, well who was George Washington, and he says "he was the President", and I said "what President was he", and he says "the first President", as if I asked him what color the sky was. I have no idea how he knows this information, but I'm pretty sure I didn't know all that until at least the 5th grade. So then Grandma asked (she always amazed at what he knows...as a good Grandma should be) "How do you know that", and he shrugs his little shoulders and says "I don't know, I guess God put it in my head for me to know". What a precious child! I sure hope God puts some math skills in that head too. I'm already afraid of having to help him with his math homework anywhere beyond the 3rd grade or so. I was NOT gifted in math...and luckily, in my line of work, it is not terribly important. Good choice on my end!!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Cute story Kristen! I love it.

Cleaning out my pantry is on my list of things to do and I'm sure I'll find some treasures too!

Carrie said...

Lol, cute story. And your cabinet story is so funny because my MIL just goggles at how "bare" my cupboards and fridge usually are. To me they aren't bare, but to her it means that I only have 3 boxes of pudding instead of 30, and one household cleaner instead of 20. Heeehee. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, you need to have a JELLO PARTY. That is too funny! 25 boxes...amazing! Did I inspire you to purge? :-) I LOVE the kids' story, of course, and I LOVE the Aaron story. He is such a smart boy! Love you...xoxoxo