Thursday, September 6, 2007

New vocabulary from my 3 yr old...OH, and some exercise

My daughter spent some time over at Auntie's house this evening while me and the other kids had Karate. She came home with some new 'words'. :)

She came home asking daddy if she could have her room "betweened" like her cousins. Her cousins share a room and their beds are separated by a dresser. Apparently this makes the dresser "betweened", and she thought it would be great if she and her brother could also share a room. Either that or she was talking about how the beds used to be stacked...as bunk beds, and whoever is on the bottom is 'betweened' by beds. I'm not really sure.

She also asked if she could have a 'bumpy bed' AKA 'bunk beds'. After I tried to clarify if she was talking about the 'bunk beds', she says, 'yes, the bumpy bed... you jump on it'.


Okay, so back to the exercising! I'm still a little stuck on doing weights one day and cardio the next. With Turbulence Training you are suppose to do weights and cardio together on the same day. Yesterday I did my own version of the TT (I seem to have some aversion to taking a piece of paper to the gym and/or new unfamiliar exercises. I did incorporate some TT exercises, and I did the sets/supersets as usual. So I felt good about that...although I didn't have time to do cardio afterwards...although I did do some Wii boxing last night :)

Today I learned a lesson about doing cardio prior to doing Karate. DON'T DO IT!! Or at least I should not have done it 1 hour prior to Karate. I also did kind of a crazy HIIT today with intervals of jump roping, mountain climbers, jumping squats, jumping jacks. Wowie! Then I stayed for part of the 2nd hour of Karate, which involved me, the Sensei, and another brown belt. So it was more intense moves and sparring. I am beat!!

Also, just a notice...if the scale does not move this week, I'm having DH hide it indefinitely!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE MAREE :-). I can totally hear her saying that in her Boston accent...LOL! Soooo cute! Oh, and I'm going to come kidnap your scale on Sunday if I have to! I'll happily take it off your hands so that my scale can have a friend! xoxoxo

Carrie said...

haha, I laughed at your comments about TT and being stuck on cardio one day and weights the next. I have had an EXTREMEly hard time with that, so I am doing the TT Intermediate Workout on MWF (with interval training after) and then on TTH I do the 4-week intermediate bodyweight training in a cardio style (first two exercises are part of the warm-up, the next 6 of the exercises are back to back w/out rest until the end, then I rest 2 minutes, then rinse and repeat two more times). Yes. I am crazy.

Your three year old and my three year old should get together. Boy, that'd be a hoot!

Kristen said...

Wow Carrie, that is crazy! Hmmm, I might have to try it ;)