Saturday, January 5, 2008

Ask, and ye shall receive....

God bless my dear husband. The other day while perusing the Victoria's Secret website for some swimsuits for Cabo, I came across a great pair of boots. I've been looking for some brown boots for at least 2 months, and haven't found any that I liked, until I saw these Skechers on VS
I emailed DH while he was at work, and gave him a "birthday" hint for these boots, in brown, size 8 :) . My birthday isn't until April, but I figure it's always good to plan ahead. So my swimsuits came ( I picked 2, and planned on sending 1 back), and luckily the cheaper swimsuit is the one I really like, so I'm sending a $70 swimsuit back. The boots are only $59, so I was thinking I would just exchange the swimsuit for the boots. When I tell my DH my plan, he says, "but you said you wanted those for your birthday"...once again with the look (reference Suunto watch buying here) that says....I already bought those for you. And so I ask, "did you buy them for me"...mind you it was only a day after the email, so I didn't think he would act that fast. He just smiled...and I knew he had bought them. He says they are my Valentine's present :) Yippeeeeeeeeee!


P.S. Would someone please tell my dear sister to continue blogging...she's fallen into the non-blogging abyss.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah about the boots! Your husband is soooo good at taking good hints!

I'll return to blogging shortly :). Thanks for the support :-).

John J. Kaiser said...

"she's fallen into the non-blogging abyss."

AH, the abyss claims another victim.

Tiffany said...

Wow, a husband who plans ahead and shops ahead! My dear hubby informed me THREE DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS that he had to go downtown to "run errands". I have to ask...would this be because Christmas was a surprise this year and he didn't know he had 11 months to do his shopping? Oh the wonders of men...

Kristen said...

Tiffany, oh, don't get the wrong idea. Steve has done that too..gone out to "run errands" on Christmas Eve...it's when he has to think about something to get me that is difficult. If I tell him exactly what I want then he will go and get it/order it.

Anonymous said...

John, I've returned from the abyss, but it was a close one.

Tiffany, three days is plenty of time to shop for a beloved spouse :-). Mine chooses to go out Christmas Eve, maybe two days before if I'm lucky. I think many guys don't get the Christmas-it's-time-to-shop-for
-your-wife memo until hours before Christmas! It's called poor planning and I called my dh on it this year! No more procrastination! :-)

ColeC said...

Those boots are beautiful!! I love them!

Sounds like you've been kicking some major butt lately. Those tapes seem to be worth the money for sure. Even getting your dad and hubby into it..wow!

Keep up the great work your doing. Very impressive ;)

John J. Kaiser said...

Nice boots. Looking into a career as a dominatrix? HA!

Stevie said...

Go Steve! It would have gone more like this in my life: day before my bday, DH asks, where were those boots you liked again; upon realizing they were from a catalog, he would have ordered them and paid 100.00 extra to have them overnighted; then I would have answered the door on my bday to find said boots in hand of ups driver w/ "next day air" on the box, ruining any hope that I thought he pays attention to things I say, or that he will change his procrastinating ways. This is pretty much how every occasion goes around here!! So, if they are for Valentine's day, what's your birthday present going to be?? :)

Kristen said...

Good question!! Who knows...by then I'm sure I'll have found something else I can't live without. I pointed out a necklace I like at Costco today, so I'll probably be seeing that for one of the occasions we have coming up :)

Tam said...

What's with all of you going on these amazing trips? Ahhhh - sounds sooo good!

What a great man you have girl!!!

Major points!