Saturday, January 26, 2008

Craigslist

Today we had our first experience with Craigslist. If you are not familiar with craigslist, it is basically on online flee market/garage sale. You post items to sell in your area, you don't have to post any personal info (you put your email address in so craigslist can email you, but the buyer doesn't ever see your actual email address), and it takes about 5 minutes to post an ad, which shows up on the website almost immediately.

Steve has been wanting a new TV pretty much since we got our other TV. The other TV was great, but because our our rather large entertainment center, it was just too high for prime viewing. So, I gave Steve the go ahead to purchase another one. I gave him a "honey do list" of all the things he needed to complete in order to get this new TV (he tends to procrastinate on projects). He agreed to the terms and ordered the new TV today. One of the "terms" of purchase was that he had to put our other TV on craigslist to sell. He agreed. However, I was sitting here on the laptop, and decided to see what was involved in posting an ad. Well, it was just so easy, that I ended up just posting one.
At about 1:45 the ad was posted
At about 1:50 the ad appeared on craigslist
At 1:14 we get an email asking us to call about the TV
At about 1:30 Steve calls the man
About 20 minutes ago (3:15), we had cash in our hands, and the TV left our house!!

Now we have our bedroom TV in the living room to fill the big hole left by our now absent old TV. It looks absolutely tiny, but it will be fine until our new TV is delivered.

Now I'm thinking about all the other things I can sell on craigslist!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness-that is amazing! Woohoo! Ok, you are such a nice wife; make sure Steve knows that :-)!

Tiffany said...

I am going to confess here. My name is Tiffany and I am a Craigslist junkie.

I buy, I sell, I stalk the Craigslist listings daily. I am addicted. But I justify it as I can get rid of junk I don't need any more and I refuse to pay full price for alot of stuff that you can find second hand in nice condition.

Have fun Craigslisting!

Tam said...

We sold a love seat there that fast too! It is really cool!

We're gonna be puttin' some more stuff on there when we move I'm sure!

Lindsay said...

Love Craigslist, too! We got a new mattress and our old one was just propped up against our wall in the bedroom for about 3 weeks. I decided to just list it as free on craiglists not even thinking anyone would want an old used mattress. I got 8 phone calls that day before I even had the chance to delete the listing. Then I wished I would have asked $20 for it or something!! :)

Jenna said...

ok - now i gotta try it - have you heard of kijiji??

Kris how is it all going - I did yoga bootie ballet light and easy and had to stop at the part where they simply sit on the floor and cross their legs :) yep - that is how tight i am from all the cycling & running - I have to admit when two happy people are telling me to open up to grace and find the ever flowing river of yada yada yada - i usually turn off - but i didn;t mind it som much ....once i could cross my legs (40 minutes later).

Drop me a line:)