Friday, January 4, 2008

Day 3 of clean eating and exercise

So DH and I have completed 3 days of exercising together, which is just great, especially for DH. Today we did the P90 sweat 1-2 and ab ripper 100. I had not done the P90 sweat (cardio) yet, and was thinking that it might be too easy, but boy was I wrong. In the 40 minutes I burned 377 calories (that was the 35 minutes of cardio and 4 minutes of abs). I got to a training effect of 3.4 on my Suunto t4 watch, which seems like a good number.

Here's a funny video I found of the Power 90 sweat 1-2, they condensed the whole workout (including abs) to 6+ minutes.




Eating has been good too. Even DH has given up regular soda and is trying diet instead...this is HUGE for him. Last night he cooked up chicken and green beens for dinner, and he's even been having cereal for breakfast...usually he skips breakfast altogether.
I ordered some Victoria's Secret swimsuits, which are on the UPS truck on their way to my house as we speak. When they get here, we are then taking beginning progress photos.

Okay, DH just downed a glass of chocolate milk claiming it was for muscle recovery (I've previously blogged about the benefits of low fat chocolate milk for a post workout recovery drink). I tried to explain that the chocolate milk should be saved for post weight lifting/resistance training workouts, but he insisted that his muscles were sore.

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that man and his chocolate milk :-). I'm so proud of him for making the effort (no matter how long it lasts!) xoxoxo