Thursday, July 10, 2008

He hasn't signed yet.....

If I had a dollar for every time my dear husband said he was going to "cut back" or "cut out" or otherwise reduce the consumption of a whole gamut of unhealthy foods, or increase the consumption of healthier foods, I'd be rich. No seriously. So I decided to make him sign a contract.....

Vows to Health


I, _____, do solemnly swear to pay my beautiful beloved wife one dollar every time I say that I am going to eat better and/or am going to “cut out” any unhealthy food out of my diet. I also agree to pay said amazing wife seven dollars for every week where I do not workout at least 2x per week, and when my food intake is less than 80% healthy, and/or includes more than 2 of the items I vowed to “cut out”. All proceeds from this contract will be kept in a secret location, and will only be returned in the event that I obtain a six-pack as verbally agreed upon on the ___ day of ______, 20__. I agree that my wonderful wife will keep all proceeds for a duration of no longer than 6 months, at which time they are non-refundable, and may be spent at the discretion of my thoughtful wife. If at any time a payment is not made, my caring wife will be allowed to confiscate any “man toys” that she deems fit.
I fully understand that my loving wife is doing this in the best interest of her wonderful, but mostly unhealthy husband, because she hopes he sticks around long into our golden years. At no time will I complain or whine about the rules and/or definitions given with said contract. This contract, once signed, never expires, is non-negotiable, and non-transferable. Signing of this contract does not imply that I can pay myself seven dollars per week if the rules are followed, as the reward of a six-pack (and increased health and fitness that comes along with such a physique) is exponentially more than any monetary value can produce.

Important definitions:
Workout: A period of time, no shorter than 30 minutes, of intentional increased activity, including body weight exercises and/or cardio. Walking, mowing the lawn, weeding, hunting, playing paintball, and sex are NOT considered a workout.
Healthy: A healthy diet will not include daily iced kickers, regular soda, cookies, candy, Ritz crackers, pizza, anything fried (including chips), and no fast food.
Six-pack: this shall not, under any circumstances, be associated with strapping beer cans to one’s stomach and/or airbrushing with tanning products.

Signed ___________________________
Date____________

Witness ___________________________
Date____________

**© by Kristen :)
Hubby says he's having his "lawyers" look this over before he signs.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is sooooo funny!!!! Oh. My. Goodness. Yes, you should have done this years ago--you'd have a vacation home in Cabo by now :-). No offense to dear Steve, but come ooonnnnnnn!

rk said...

I am laughing my head off. I am adding you to my link list. Let me know if problem.

We just returned from a family vacation with virtually no cell/internet. Am soooo happy to be back to civilization to check in on blogs. Here’s my link to our vacation if interested:

http://sharingnotes.blogspot.com/search/label/Idaho

Blessings,
Roxanne

carla said...

SO SO FUNNY.

and actually a pretty great idea.

who is looking it over? Gloria Allred??


MizFit

Tiffany said...

You'd better copywrite this thing because I have a feeling your blogging friends are going to steal it!

Kristen said...

How do you copyright a contract??

Roxanne, sharing the link love!! You're on my list!

rk said...

Kristin,

I "spoke" with Tam (In Progress) during one of their live chats a while ago (I wrote in w/ many, they talked via video - sorry if you already know about this). Anyway, I asked them if they know Nancy Shaw. I am great friends with them and their daughter. By them I mean Nancy and Gary, but we lost Gary a while ago. His memorial was at your church. I am in the Seattle area and see Nancy now and then. Was just wondering. Sometimes it's a small world. Tam said she knows Nancy...

Blessings,
Roxanne
www.sharingnotes.blogspot.com

rk said...

PS: just realized you left me note in your comment re: link love. Thanks!!! Warm fuzzies abound. Very cool.

Roxx
www.sharingnotes.blogspot.com

cathi c stegall said...

good glory!
yeah, tell me how that works for ya!
;)

John J. Kaiser said...

"No seriously. So I decided to make him sign a contract"

An brilliant idea. What a great wife you are. ;-)


Total Transformation Blog