Monday, June 30, 2008

Get the spray kids

If you've seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding, you probably remember how the dad always had a bottle of Windex handy for treatment of all kinds of ailments. Well, I have to tell you, I have a similar item that I use for just about any kind of skin issue. It's called Dermoplast. It's a antibacterial/pain relieving spray. I first came in contact with the product when working in the maternity unit, we would given this to women who had torn down there or had an episiotomy....making for very sore hoo-hahs. About a year ago, I saw it on the shelf at Tar*get, and thought "hmmm, if it's safe for using on hoo-hahs, it's gotta be great for other parts of the body too". So I bought a can, and used it first on a burn I got from the oven. After spraying it on, seriously I did not feel the burn again. Since that first discovery, I have gone through several cans, as now anytime my kids have a scratch, bug bite, blister, or any other bothersome skin issue, they request "the spray", and it always makes everything all better.

Today, both kids have mosquito bites because we "attempted" to go fishing yesterday....long story in itself. I will say that at one "fishing hole" we got out of the truck and literally 7 seconds later we all jumped back in because there were so many mosquitoes flying around. Unfortunately we had glanced at the bug repellent while buying fishing equipment, but had passed on it thinking we would get some at another store......which we didn't. Lesson learned!! Currently the Dermoplast is sitting on my desk for whenever the kids come in complaining of itches. So far it seems to be effective for a couple of hours. Not bad!

Don't you just love products that work so well and are so multi-purpose!!

2 comments:

carla said...

I swear my trunk is more full by the day of things I need since Ive had a child.


and the MBFGW windex? hilarious.

MizFit

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that they use it "down there" after childbirth...lucky for us with those c-sections! Yes, it's been good to have around our home, too.