Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Wii Boxing...

So yesterday, I was feeling little schizo with the workout, so I decided to do intermittent squats, lunges, push-ups and situps throughout the day. I think I did about 80 of each. Then I decided I would do Wii boxing with my weighted gloves to get a little extra workout. I ended up burning about 250 calories doing 30 minutes of boxing. However, when I took the gloves off, I noticed my left hand was feeling a little lame...as in it wasn't working right. When I tried to type, it felt like I still had weights on my fingers. My wrist and fingers did not want to extend beyond neutral, and when I tried all my fingers would start shaking. Ya, nice huh. So this morning my elbow is all wacky, and my left hand is still lame. I think I irritated a nerve or 2. In my world I'd diagnose myself with acute lateral epicondylitis, mostly known as tennis elbow. Never knew the Wii could be that dangerous huh!!

Luckily, I'm right handed so all will be well. I did get some upper body soreness from the boxing though, so at least I was working something.

Note to self...no more boxing with weighted gloves!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness. Please don't injure yourself before your departure to the land of sunshine! I made it to "pro" status on tennis last night. Feeling pretty proud of myself, even though my son can beat me almost every time! I'm up to 1371 :-)! Have you seen my Wimbledon silver bowl on our entertainment center?

Kristen said...

No, I've not seen your Wimbledon bowl! Nice job on the tennis, you're my Wii hero ;)

Anonymous said...

Update: I'm not up to around 1750 :-)! I know, I know, I'm amazing at tennis (only on the computer against those silly W*ii people!)Once you get up to that range you play the same people over and over. Apparently they didn't hire any people who have a pro score over 2000 (that's Elisa, by the way). xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I meant to say I'm NOW up to 1750ish.

Steve 'n Marie said...

My dear daughter...moderation in all things. As one matures, the mind will always think it is 18, but the body keeps moving on.

Steve 'n Marie said...

OH goodness I didnt realise wheelchair sport was so dangerous, Im sure relaxing in the sun will cure all. I,m considering polka dots lso but I might strtle th aging nativs. see you 4-15 am.