Monday, February 18, 2008

Back to reality

So we arrived safely back home on Saturday night. Thank you to my dear mother-in-law for the wonderful care of my children...I'll post more on that later, and thank you to my dear sister for staying at the house with the kids until we got home on Saturday, and for getting us groceries! We really did have a wonderful time....pretty different from last year when we went with some friends, but it was still fun. I'm such a social being, that I was craving some good adult conversation by about Monday evening...DH and I ran out of things to say to each other after spending so much time together Saturday and Sunday....you know...without any interruptions from kiddos and such. Our conversations after Sunday went like this
Me: what should we do today?
DH: I don't know, what do you want to do?
Me: hmmmmm, maybe have some breakfast and lay in the sun
DH: OK, sounds good.

Then at about lunch time it went like this
Me: I'm getting hungry, what do you want to do for lunch?
DH: I don't know, what do you want to do?
Me: Um, let's go eat.
DH: Ok.

Then at about dinner time...

Me: What do you want to do for dinner tonight?
DH: I don't know, what do you want to do?
Me: I've heard good things about such and such a restaurant
DH: Okay, let's do that.

:)

Anyway, we did meet some nice people, got lots of sun. DH read about 1000 pages. I read a great book called The Red Tent, then I went to buy another book a the resort, and tried to get into it, but I just couldn't....

Upon arrival I asked the receptionist if we could have an "ocean front" villa. All of the villas have great ocean views as the resort is set into a huge hill, so each row of villas is set higher than the one in front; however, having a front row villa means that you don't view any roof tops or buildings...just ocean. Luckily we were able to get a front row on the very edge of the resort which means we had what I think is the absolute best view. Below is a picture which I think really shows how close to the ocean we were.


.....it almost felt like we were sitting on a cruise ship because if you were in the living room you couldn't see the waves crashing, so it looked like we were sitting on the water.

Here is the red beauty. ...at Art and Beer. :) Our rental car..with no radio (just a big hole), which was actually okay because that way no one would be tempted to break into it.
And here are just some random pictures of the trip...


Cabo is a lovely place to visit in Mexico. It isn't the "prettiest" of places, but the weather is fabulous, and they have all the comforts of home. We love it there, and hope to return in 2010 with the kids and hopefully Auntie Deanna as well :). Let's see, that's only 726 more days :) In the meantime, I've already started planning a vacation to Disneyland, as my dear daughter has never forgotten that we mentioned we would maybe go when she was 5...which will be next Spring.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the conversation dialogue :-). Dh and I have conversations like that at home only because there's always a child interrupting! I'm so glad you had the time away, love your pictures so much and now you can plan the next getaway--to Disneyland! Not quite the same but great memories for all of you to be made! xoxoxo

Lindsay said...

Yay! You're back! Looks like a wonderful, beautiful time!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness I have found a fellow BFL TRACKER JUNKIE.... GOOD to see you... this is Jeannie formerly known as lilmissredneck from BFL tracker...even though its been over a year or so since I was last on there. Just thought I would peek into your blog, its very nice! I have a Blog too, You can visit me at

http://www.homesteadblogger.com/OklahomaSweetPea06

Steve 'n Marie said...

Glad you made it back safely...sorry you had to come back so soon. Our time is nearly half gone. Great time so far