Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wii Fit part 2

We've been enjoying the Wii Fit for the last week, and have some pictures to share.


This is Aaron doing a balance game where you walk across a high wire. Maree is just pretending.
This is Aaron (in his standard uniform), doing a side plank in the strength training mode. The side plank is coupled with a push-up. He actually does it quite well, and it's way cute to watch.

I've really enjoyed all the exercises. There is even a feature where you can do "free step" which is sort of like Dance Dance Revolution where you are to follow the steps on the screen. Well, instead you can watch television while the Wiimote ticks off the steps and counts them, and also counts down the time (however much time you have designated to do the exercise). Basically you are just stepping on and off the balance board, which is similar to going for a good paced walk. I love that I can watch my favorite TV shows AND be working out at the same time instead of sitting like a lump on the couch.

The sad thing about the Wii Fit is that if you eat like crap over the weekend and then do the body test, you will watch your little Mii person puff up to indicate the 2.8 pounds you gained. :(
Back to egg whites and whole wheat toast for breakfast, lots of fruits and veggies, lean meats, and no sugar, white flour, and processed foods. I can't stand to see my little Mii looking all chubby. Oh, and the icing on the cake is if you have gained weight it then asks you why you think you might have gained...it really is like having a trainer there with you.

18 comments:

Steve 'n Marie said...

at least it doesnt say you are 75. Im still getting over that. Do not like that wii, going to eat cookies.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is hilarious (dad's comment and your chubby Mii). Still laughing about that. Love you so much even though you're chubby around the middle and your hair is thin :-).

carla said...

THANKS FOR THE PICS!!

Im gonna drag my hubby here to check em out and just maybe Ill get one for my birthday!

MizFit

Kristen said...

It's Mom that's 75, I think Dad was 52. Mom is a little bitter about the 75 :)

John J. Kaiser said...

"The sad thing about the Wii Fit is that if you eat like crap over the weekend and then do the body test, you will watch your little Mii person puff up to indicate the 2.8 pounds you gained. :("

That happens to be one of my favorite parts. HA! ;-)

Total Transformation Test, includes Wii Reviews Too!

Lindsay said...

Ok the "Mii" puffing up totally made me laugh, too. And what does the number thing (75) means....does it guess your age by how physically fot you are or something?

Kristen said...

Lindsay, yes, the Wii calculates your Wii Fit age by having you do a couple of balance tests, taking into account your real age. It is hard to be younger than your real age...which is a little insulting to some :)

inWorship said...

I would love to try out the Wii fit.

For now I will keep hammering it in the garage with my $5 weight set :)

Kristen said...

Brent, you're welcome to come try it any time!! It's a hoot.

inWorship said...

Might have ot take you up on that.

Kristen said...

I might stalk you until you do ;)

inWorship said...

Haha!

Fair Enough! We''l have to get together. So are you inviting the Hodge family over?

Kristen said...

Absolutely!! I'm sure your kiddos would get a kick out of it too, and my kiddos adore bigger kiddos!

inWorship said...

The kids are at camp next week and we have friends coming into town for 2 weeks starting the 25th. can we sneak something in between?

Kristen said...

We have a jam packed weekend this weekend, it's our 10th anniversary, my in-laws 40th anniversary and my MIL's birthday, and father's day...whew. We could do the 24th in the evening?? It's a Tuesday, but Steve has the day off, or ya'll could just come over on Sunday afternoon (the 22nd) even though Steve won't be around.

inWorship said...

Actually Tuesday the 24th Would work well.

We'd love it. I'll put in on my calender and we can touch base that weekend before.

Sounds fun!

Kristen said...

Perfect! I can fix us all a healthy dinner too (since we're both "on the wagon") if you want, then we can get to Wii'ing :)

inWorship said...

Sounds great!