Friday, May 9, 2008

Wii Fit...and some other randomness

I am so excited!! 10 more days until Wii Fit comes out (May 19th). I guess it seems appropriate since it's target customer are working moms... Plus I just love the Wii, Wii Fit combines working out and fun, and it's something the whole family can do. So I think it's going to be great.

I worked out 4x this week, which is shocking considering my track record from the last 2 months. My eating was good too.

This morning my daughter crawled into bed with me sometime early, and when I woke up it was 9 am ...9am...wow! I laid there for a while (I'm not a morning person), and didn't want to get out of bed because she was snuggled up so close to me, I knew she would wake up the instant I got of out bed, so I just waited. She woke up a few minutes later. What a nice way to start the day! For some reason I've been more tired than usual so getting 10 hours...yes 10 hours of sleep felt great...although I still felt tired today. I'm also feeling slightly lightheaded and foggy, so I don't know if I've got some kind of viral thing going on or what.

Steve got up at some ungodly hour to go turkey hunting with a co-worker. I just can't wrap my head around the desire to wake up at 4am, go tromp through the woods looking for some elusive bird that only seems to be around when no one is hunting it, but mysteriously disappears when the guns come out. Anyway, he came around 2....with nothing...yet wants to go out again next week to repeat the process. Definitely a guy thing!

Any of you watch Survivor??? OH MY GOODNESS!! I won't give it away because I don't think Kelly has seen it yet, and may watch it tomorrow, but it was like the best Survivor episode EVER!! Classic!!

I've had a curtain sitting in the corner in our living room for over a month now. It is the wrong size, but it hasn't moved from it's original position when we brought it home from Ikea. Sad!

My dear 4 year old daughter went outside yesterday to say hello to the birdies that live in our yard. She was just standing there looking up at them as they sat on the fence about 5 feet away. She stared and stared at them, and they seemed to stare back at her...then she puts her hand up with her pointer finger out (like a perch) and just stands there beckoning the birdies to come land on her finger....(cuz you know, princesses can do that...and the birdies just come sit on there finger and sing a pretty little song). Then she came inside and told us that the birdies wouldn't come sit on her finger...she was truly shocked. It was pretty cute.

I've got a lot more random thoughts, but I don't want to overwhelm you :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Thank you for not giving any spoilers about Survivor. Oh. My. Goodness. I just watched it and it was sooooo good!

Love the story about Maree and the birds!