Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wii Fit.....

This morning I woke up unusually early, and whereas usually I would have seen the time, rolled back over, and gone back to sleep, I was too excited to sleep anymore. I got up and showered...(gasp, I didn't even have coffee first), and went down to Fred Meyer to grab the Wii Fit. I didn't know what to expect...if there was going to be a long line or if they were going to have 4, and sell the last one to the lady in front of me. Anyway, when I saw the empty parking lot, I thought I was in good shape. Apparently very few people in Medford were as excited as me to get their hands on one of these, as there were no lines, and stacks of Wii Fit sitting behind the counter. So then I came home...had my coffee, and got the Wii going. The instructions say that you need to attach some enclosed feet to the balance board if your carpet touches the unit, but mine didn't so I figured I didn't need it; however, when the unit indicated I was 10 pounds lighter than I was yesterday I figured something wasn't right, but I appreciated the compliment!! ;)
I put the little feet things on, and then it was dead on with my weight. So far I think it is quite fun, and I think the kids are really going to enjoy it. I think, realistically, I will use it more to track my weight and supplement my regular workout routine, but I don't think it will be enough to use instead of my regular routine.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll come be a cheerleader from the couch anytime :-).

Theresa said...

Cool on the Wii Fit! One of these days I'm thinking the Wii will find it's way to my home and I can suplement my stepper.

carla said...

and **I** am so excited my hubby now thinks we need a wii fit.

I cant wait!

MizFit

Kristen said...

Theresa, there is a really cool feature that you can "unlock" on the Wii Fit...after playing several times. You can do "free step" where the "Wiimote" helps you keep time, and you can be watching television while you are stepping. Our television has picture in picture mode so I can have the wii fit as a very small screen, and then watch regular television while the wii fit counts my steps and counts down the designated time. I LOVE IT!!

MizFit....I've always enjoyed video games, so the Wii and now the Wii Fit are just a natural progression for me....playing video games AND working out is just a fabulous combo.

carla said...

thanks for your comment

I appreciated the more wiiformation and I know others do too!

M.

John J. Kaiser said...

Enjoy it! I just got mine last week and I love it.

Total Transformation Test Blog