Saturday, May 3, 2008

Small victories

Most of you (all 3 of you who actually read my blog) who know me know that I've struggled a bit with fitness since we got back from our Cabo vacation. It's pretty easy to stay motivated when you have a beach vacation coming up, but now that there isn't really anything uber-fun on the horizon, I seem to be dragging my feet. Some of my pants seemed to be getting snug...couldn't be from the ice cream every night and no exercise could it?? Last week I decided (again) that I really needed to get back on track....but I didn't want to say anything to anyone because I've said it many times before and I like to be a person of my word. Anyway, today is day 6 of good eating....not fanatically clean eating, but definitely good. I still was having a hard time motivating myself to work out though. Yesterday went out to the garage to jump rope since that was really the only thing that sounded fun.....couldn't find the jump rope though. So I decided to do one of my Beach Body videos...I ended up doing the P90 fat burning express, which was filmed in Hawaii overlooking the beach. It is one heck of a workout, but actually pretty fun. I was actually getting lightheaded because I was sucking wind so much. Can you say 'out of shape'!!
I'm still afraid to get on the scale, probably best that way. Hopefully I can maintain this wee bit of momentum I have.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

you go girl! I am right there with ya! It's getting warmer and my capris are all a little snug. Time to do something about that, I guess. :)

Anonymous said...

Yah, my pants are getting tighter too :-). I'm proud of you, Kristen! You've made such an impact on your body and your health over the last couple of years. You definitely need to be proud of that!

Greta said...

we went to an all inclusive over Christmas this past year. I'm STILL trying to lose the NINE lbs I gained there- in one week. Um, yeah. They say you didn't gain it overnight so therefore cannot expect to lose it overnight. Ok, but I did gain it in 7 days.....why is it 5 months later and I am still carrying it? Jeez.

Kristen said...

Kelly...I actually laughed out loud at your comment because I feel like such a nut job when it comes to my health and fitness. I can't be consistent to save my life!! But thank you for your kind words and encouragement! :)

Greta...that must have been a fantastic vacation!!

Anonymous said...

Kristen, I don't know many people who are consistent all the time. Everyone's fitness goals are a private struggle (Ben and Jerry's anyone?), and I really am so proud of all you've accomplished and you should be too. BIG PICTURE!