Saturday, March 15, 2008

Birthday fun


Yesterday was Maree's 4th birthday. We had a wonderful day! I had found "Ms. Annie" who has a wonderful tea room where she hosts parties for all ages, and will also come to your house to hostess parties. Ms. Annie came to our house about 15 minutes before the party to drop off tons of dress-up supplies for the little girls...and I mean tons! She also dropped off her puppet show and entertaining supplies. Then the girls (who have been hidden away as to not see where all this stuff came from) get to dress up in all kinds of princess paraphernalia. Then, there is a knock at the door, so I go get Maree to answer the door, and low and behold, there stands Snow White!! The girls just stared. Snow White asks if she has found Maree's party, and asks if she can come in and play. She comes in and takes out a parachute for all the girls to sit on, and performs a puppet show. She did a wonderful job, and the girls giggled and giggled...and soon my son peaked his head around the corner and his eyes got huge, and he started to smile (he didn't know Snow White had come to our house). The puppet show continues and Aaron gets closer and closer to the action, and pretty soon he is giggling louder than the little girls.
Then they all got their faces painted by Snow White...not your ordinary face painting!

I could tell that Aaron SO badly wanted his face painted but was too bashful to ask...he eventually gave in...

Then they had a fashion "parade".
It was just so fun. Fun for the girls, and fun for the me too. It was such a delight to see all the girls giggling and having such a good time. I think I'd like to have Ms. Annie for every future birthday party!!!

4 comments:

5Crawfords said...

I wish I could have had Ms. Annie at my party as a kid. So cool! I would want a princess party for the next ten years at least. :) And I love the paint color with the black. Good combo! :) Alisha

Anonymous said...

It was so fun, Kristen! I loved watching all the kids (inluding Aaron) enjoy her so much :-)!

Carrie said...

Very cute! My daughter would have loved that!

Happy Birthday Maree!

Lindsay said...

I'm soooo looking forward to all that with Anna. Great pictures, the girls look beautiful!