Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Before...and after (but not finished)


Here is the before...the mess in prep



Here is the after...old bedding, old curtains etc...still working on all the accessories.

And here is just an added bonus. I forgot about this picture until I uploaded the bedroom pictures. This is something my dear husband dreamed up one day, and has talked about making for some time. All I have to say is "you know you're a redneck when.....


....you design a toilet seat that attaches to your truck's trailer hitch". I'm not quite sure what Aaron is doing there.... "Ahoy Matey"??

I'm still a little bewildered by my husband's imagination.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it, I love it! So calming. It looks so good with your black furniture!

Tiffany said...

Ummm...he seriously put that on his truck? And do you ride in the thing with him now?

I like your bedroom change. Very modern! Can't wait to see the bedding - you'll have to post a totally done photo once you FINALLY get your bedding in your hands!

I always had to do the painting in our house when Mike was at work or he'd freak out at the half-done product. Like my maroon room that looked hot pink until I got 3 coats on and it finally dried darker.

Lindsay said...

Wow! It already looks so good even with your old bedding. Love the color and love your headboard, too! Good job!

And the toilet seat, very funny!!

Kristen said...

NO NO NO, Steve doesn't have that thing on his truck...it is only for use during hunting trips when he is hundreds of miles away from anyone we know...except his fellow hunter buddies.

John J. Kaiser said...

The after looks MUCH better. Good job.

http://totaltransformation.wordpress.com

Stevie said...

Kristen,
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new room!! It looks so modern and mega expensive! Ironically, the old colors are almost identical to the ones in our bedroom; and we just painted 2 years ago. Aggh now I am feeling like maybe we could make some changes in our home as well :)

Anonymous said...

OH boy, I had to wipe the tears from my face after reading about the toilet seat, calling my husband in to let him see that there is another man out there that has inventions just as wacky as his. Great blog, ran across it from Tam's. Thanks for the laugh. Visit me at www.heartofgod.wordpress.com - I'll be back to visit you soon!