Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Surreal moments....and some frustrating ones too

Last night I went to a ballet with a girlfriend of mine whom I've known since we were both babies. We had a girls night and took both of our little girls out to dinner then to the ballet. At one point I looked over at her, as her 3 year old daughter laid her head on her lap, and my 4 year old snuggled with me, and just had this surreal moment. I've known this friend all my life, and here we both were with our own little girls enjoying a girls night. It was just so fun.

On a completely different note. Do you ever have those days where it seems everything goes wrong. Yesterday I had some really frustrating work issues to deal with. Then when I started my work day today, more and more wacky things were happening. Like my computer speakers quit working (they do that occasionally and I just have to reboot my computer...then they work again). However, when I reboot my computer I have to close out my email system and then the computer forgets all my contacts, and will not autofill anymore until I've entered a name at least once. It's not a big deal, just minorly annoying. So then I go to make a call on my work phone and all I get is dead air...no dial tone. Hmm that's strange. So I go check all the cords...all looks well. Call my DH since he has some phone technical experience, and he gives me some things to check, which I do, and it appears that the phone is the culprit..not my phone line. In the meantime I've emailed all my co-workers that my phone is not working and that they should call me on my cell phone if they need to get a hold of me.....but I failed to realize that my phone was still on silent from being at the Ballet last night...so I missed 3 calls even though the phone was sitting right on my desk. At one point I got a dial tone on my work phone and emailed everyone stating that my phone appeared to be working again...then right after that realized that it must have been it's last breath, because once again it was dead. There were so many other things that happened today that were unusual and frustrating, and kept me from getting all my regular work done. Then I spent 3 1/2 hours gallivanting around town trying to find a replacement phone. Since it is a work phone, and my office is in my bedroom, and the phone cord does not reach my desk without having to be strung over the door and around the bookcase (not what I want to do in my newly clean and nicely decorated bedroom), there were certain requirements for the phone that were difficult to find. It seemed no one phone had voicemail, and headset capabilities and was above 2.4 ghz all at the same time. So today I toured Office Depot, Costco, Walmart, Fred Meyer, Staples, Sears, and Target. After Fred Meyer I recruited my husband who had been at work and school to help (actually he knew I was so stressed and offered to go out with me and go a couple more places). Anyway, we finally settled on a phone that is not exactly what I wanted, but it should work fine. Also, at one point...around 4:30, I looked at my phone and I had received 96 emails from today....96!!!!

And more to come later in the week: My husbands new obsession with Big Brother.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you finally found one :-). I didn't realize you went with Elyse (right?)...so fun and nostalgic I'm sure.