Thursday, April 24, 2008

Freezer dinners?

Anyone out there have any experience with freezer dinners? A couple of girlfriends and I are getting together this weekend to make freezer dinners, but I don't have any experience with this, and think I might be going about it wrong. I had intended on making a chicken enchilada recipe...just assembling it, not cooking it, then vacuum packing it in a disposable pan and freezing it. I know there are some great books out there on the whole process, but if anyone has any insight into it, any advice would be appreciated!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I have a chicken enchilada casserole recipe that is really yummy and not super bad for you. It is one where you can put it all in a freezer bag together and then when it is thawed dump it into a casserole dish and cook. Let me know if you want it!

Kristen said...

Tiffany, I'd love it. You can email me at skballew (at) charter (dot) net

Thanks!!

Lindsay said...

My sister and I and a few other woman have been doing this for a while now, too. Check out 30daygourmet.com and look at their recipes. They are specifically for the freezer and I have used a lot of them. Good luck and have fun!!