Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Turbulence Training

So for the last few weeks I've been stewing over what to do next. I love the BFL workouts, but they have become a bit monotonous, and I'm bored with them. Mostly my own fault for not learning new exercises etc. Also, the weight does not seem to be coming off as fast as I would like, or even as fast as my first challenge last year. My eating has been about 95% clean, so I feel it is time to change up the workouts. Last night I purchased Turbulence Training . The website looks a little gimmicky, but it is suppose to be a great program for fat loss. Heck, if Skwigg does it, it's gotta be good. What I really like about it is that the workouts are fairly simply, fast (45 minutes 3x a week), including high interval cardio (which I already do), and the eating plan is what I am already doing. So, I will keep you informed on how it goes. I am a little nervous about the new exercises, as I don't want to look like a complete idiot at the gym. I'll get over it.

Also been jumping rope for my HIIT, which has been great. For some reason I had never given this form of exercise much thought because it seems so simple...like cardio has to be complicated in order to be effective? Anyway, here is an interesting article on a Jumping Rope . So besides the whip marks I've been giving myself which make it appear that I am into some strange S&M stuff, I am going to stick with jumping rope...maybe I'll get better at it.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm telling you, it's impossible to look like an idiot while doing TT. (Or maybe I just feel excited that I'm doing something different from all those other machine-bound chickies.) Practice the moves before going whole-hog into the workout, and you'll be fine.

Since you're starting TT this/next week, you're pretty much beginning at the same time as Skwigg and me, too (I started half-assing the workouts two weeks ago, but have been full-assing it this week-see my latest blog entry for the joke on that one...)

You'll have fun with the workouts- they are definitely quick! And I'm loving the fact that you're jumping rope for intervals. I *jump* love *jump* jumping *smack!*! hehe.

Anonymous said...

Let me know what it's like when you get it. It sounds great--you can DOOOOO it :-)!