Sunday, August 19, 2007

On the blog bandwagon....

So I started a blog a few weeks ago, then deleted it. Why? I don't know, I guess I didn't think anyone would read it, and then I would just be talking to myself...something I try not to do too often. Then my dear sister started a blog, and I loved reading hers, so I'm giving it a go again.
As you can see from the title of my blog, I love BFL (Body for Life). A book written by Bill Phillips, which has really made an impact on my life over the last year.
After having my 2 beautiful kids, I had gained 30 stubborn pounds, and had made numerous unsuccessful attempts at getting it off. I had been working out consistently for about 6 months, and had managed to gain weight (slightly frustrating). In August, I was completely frustrated, grossed out by my flabby body, and really wanted to find a program that was healthy, well balanced, and didn't leave me feeling completely deprived, and totally guilty if I indulged every so often. I borrowed the Body for Life book, and couldn't wait to get started. On Aug 21st 2006, I started my first 12 week challenge. In those 12 weeks I lose 14 pounds of fat and gained 2 pounds of muscle. I lost inches and inches off my body, and I felt great. I continued onto another 12 week challenge, which wasn't nearly as successful, but I still managed to lose another 6 pounds (I was still not at my goal weight)
Since I was still in the mindset of this being a 'diet', after a trip to Mexico (one of the main motivators for wanting to lose the weight), I rebelled, ate really poorly...worked out sometimes, and gained 12 pounds back *GASP*.
So this is my journey. I still struggle, I rebel, I crave, I lose motivation, but through all this, I persist. Phil 4:13 !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right, so you must have added it while I was posting my first comment. LOL! See you tonight!