Monday, November 24, 2008

Pilates...again

Wow, I've been neglecting my blog!

Several people have inquired about what I plan on doing with my Pilates certification. I was planning on creating a cardio/pilates class as this is what I felt would be most beneficial for me. And to be honest, a huge reason I decided to get certified in Pilates was so that I could do it too. I have a hard time getting my cardio in at home, and I don't have a gym membership anymore (or at least they haven't been charging me, and I'm afraid if I go, they will realize they haven't been charging me...). So, I thought doing a cardio (bootcamp style) followed by a Pilates mat class would be a great combo. Anyway, I wanted to do a test group beforehand to make sure I could make it run smoothly and see how it went. However, my Pilates instructor/studio owner asked me if I could teach a class starting next week...eeks! A real class with paying customers! So the cardio/Pilates class is on hold for the moment.

I'd love to have any of you out there in the area to come take a class with me at Southern Oregon Pilates. It will be on Mondays and Wednesdays at 6:30 starting on Dec. 1st. It will run for 4 weeks only. Then maybe I can start the cardio/Pilates class....but I have to find people to come to it and pay for it too :)

3 comments:

Lynda Lippin said...

I think it's important to do both Cardio and Pilates. We all need to get the heart rate up to keep that muscle strong. I look forward to hearing more about your class!

Lynda
Pilates Goddess

rk said...

Congrats! Wish I could take your class!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Kristen! Have fun with it and I wish I could be there.