Saturday, November 1, 2008

Mommy time

Today has been a great day so far. Got a great night of sleep, went to Pilates class, went to my parent's house to give them a short Pilates lesson/class. Then went for some extended retail therapy. I ended up buying only things for DH, and kids...although I did get myself some new underwear :)
DH and the kids are at Grandma's ...DH and his Dad are working on a loft bed for Aaron.

Came home and did some mandatory chores, internet surfing, then jumped on the new Wii game DH bought last night. I've wanted this game since I saw the reviews for the Jillian Michaels Wii game got such bad reviews. I really wanted a workout game for the Wii because to be honest Wii fit doesn't keep me occupied for very long. There aren't a whole lot of options at this point, which is why I was really excited for the Jillian Michaels game to come out, but I'm so glad I didn't pre-order it from Ama*zon. While seeing the awful reviews for the JM game, Ama*zon brought up the suggestion of this other game that had gotten way better reviews, called Active Life Outdoor Challenge . In Outdoor challenge, there are a ton of different activities that you can play on your own or with a friend. Last night Steve and I did a sprint competition together...HOLY COW we both plopped onto the couch totally out of breath. He totally smoked me! (I will practice in secret until I win!!)
Today I put my heart rate monitor/calorie counter on just for kicks and did the "fitness" mode. There is a marathon mode where you are running for 10 minutes. I burned 100 calories doing that, then about another 100 doing various other shorter activities. It was a LOT more fun than regular exercise, but it is definitely exercise! My calves were burning during the marathon. If you have a Wii I would totally recommend Outdoor Challenge.

No comments: