Sunday, December 2, 2007

December already!!! Free day. A new home business.




I can't believe it's December! Yesterday we took our annual trip to the mountains to get our Christmas tree. We went with some other friends and their 2 boys. The big boys went on the hunt for the Christmas trees, while the Mom's and kids stayed and played in the snow. The kids sledded down a very small slope..really just the road embankment, and we doled out snacks and hot chocolate. This is one of my favorite Christmas traditions. This year was perfect...not too much snow to make walking and driving tedious, but enough for the kids to have fun. It was also sunny and beautiful.

Today is my free day as I had a great week of clean eating and workouts. I started off the day with a chocolate donut....mmmmmmmmmm!! I feel the sugar rush coming already!

As of yesterday, I started a new home business that I'm really excited about. I joined Million Dollar Body as a Coach. What this means is that I get to encourage people in their quest for fitness, and also have to potential to make extra money doing it. If you haven't heard of Million Dollar Body, also associated with Beach Body, they are the company that produces all sorts of fitness videos like P90, P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Slim in 6, Turbo Jam, Yoga Booty Ballet, and many more. They also have fitness equipment like bands, chin up bars, steps, etc., and also have their own line of nutritional supplements. I did one of the P90X videos the other day, and actually really enjoyed it. The trainer, Tony Horton, is actually quite funny without being at all annoying. The other great thing about his videos is that you can turn off all talking except for the cues...so once you get sick of his jokes, you can simply turn them off. Anyway, I'm going to start supplementing some videos into my regular gym routine, which will be especially nice during the winter months when the kids club at the gym is a petri dish of nastiness. The other great thing about their website is you can track your workouts and also enter when you go to workout, and have the potential to win prizes, just for working out. The company is really trying to motivate people to get fit, which is why I like them :)

If any of you are interested in learning more about how you could start your own home business, or want to buy any of Million Dollar Body or Beach bodies products for a discount, let me know.

6 comments:

The men said...

Your Million Dollar Body Business Link doesn't work.

Please check out my blog and make a comment!
http://www.startmyownbusinesstoday.blogspot.com/

Kristen said...

Thanks, it works now.

Tam said...

Kristen, Brent and I did Power90 about 4 years ago, I think, he lost 20 lbs and I lost 18 which I have kept off. It was pretty intense - but very effective too!

I really need to get into an exercise routine that won't kill me. I have Lupus so i have to start with real easy stuff. I know I'd feel much though!

Kristen said...

Tam, you might want to try the yoga booty ballet. I think it is a lot of stretching. Although I've heard it is a little corny in regards to being all meditative etc. It's a big hit in Hollywood if that tells you anything.

Lindsay said...

Hey there! Cute Christmas tree. I already told Craig next year we should just drive down for a GP visit and get a tree in the mountains. We have tried around here but we aren't up high enough for the cute noble firs. That looks like my kind of Christmas tree hunt!

I'll have to check out Million Dollar Body, too!

John J. Kaiser said...

I think people would prefer your coaching to mine- to begin with you are much easier on the eyes. ;-)